Recommend me dark death metal

Freanan said:
Please post quality and not quantity ;)

That's really smart of you to say that. I hate when people reply with four dozen bands you'll never have time to look through completely, just so that they look knowledgable.

byrne said:
I thought Wicked Innocence sucked, but it is a fitting recommendation.

Omnipotence is just plain out killer. The 8 song demo cd they have before that album also smokes. The band simply just had no luck at all ever.

The old vocalist,one of the guitarist are in a totally different band now(not even close to death metal).

@ the guy who said amon amarth are no viking metal:
Everyone tells me that but i disagree and i have posted my points against it all over the internet.
Imagine a smiley that has it's fingers in it's ears and says weird thing like li-la-li-la-li-la, grinning like real bezoomny.

About the Demigod album: Well, then i will wait until it appears in mailorders near me or at amazon and will get it. I am really looking forward to that one!
Maybe i will wait until the end of february anyway, because then some really disgusting exams(i am studying computer science but have to take some business/finance courses - wtf!) will be over so i will have something as motivation..

I would have added Infester and maybe Wicked Innocence to my wishlist, but could not find them anywhere.
God Macabre has been mentioned several times and is only 9€ too, so maybe i'll try it.

Freanan said:
@ the guy who said amon amarth are no viking metal:
Everyone tells me that but i disagree and i have posted my points against it all over the internet.
Imagine a smiley that has it's fingers in it's ears and says weird thing like li-la-li-la-li-la, grinning like real bezoomny.

Yeah, well there are no points you can make. It is a fact that they are not Viking metal.

Rottrevore - Inquitous is another one you should check out.

Ex-cally-boo said:
... you sir are a dumbass. Lyrics do not dictate the genre of a band, especially not with Viking metal. AA are Melo-death.

Ethereal Blue
Wicked Innocence
Garden of Shadows

Oddly, I agree.

Runemagick ? Slow death (not pure doom death) - but hella dark -

and, I WILL keep saying Bolt Thrower - they're not occult dark, but their (legible) lyrics about the futility of war (check out "First Light" on new album "Those Once Loyal") are very dark and "heavy" in lyrical content.

Erik said:
crematory (SWE), to clarify. none of this german gothic bullshit. BUYER BEWARE!

also:
EVOCATION (SWE)

What if I wanted him to listen to "german gothic bullshit" huh?

Just kidding, Check out their EP Denial and their demo.

Yeah, you really have to fucking find it yourself. You have to use PayPal I believe. Go to Mailorder, then type in Demigod.

Funeral Portrait said:
A fact? You must be the almighty music rule maker! :worship:

fuckin dork
Yes, a fact. It is a fact that bands genres are NOT determined by the lyrics they use. It is a fact that AA play the deriitive Gothenburg "Melo-death" style of music, which means they can not be Viking metal, which is reserved for bands like Einherjer and Equilibrium.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Yes, a fact. It is a fact that bands genres are NOT determined by the lyrics they use. It is a fact that AA play the deriitive Gothenburg "Melo-death" style of music, which means they can not be Viking metal, which is reserved for bands like Einherjer and Equilibrium.
Yep, Amon Amarth are a melodeath band, through and through. Viking metal is black metal-ish. That is not to say that Amon Amarth are bad, though.

I hate the shit term "battle metal" even more, because magazines seem to use it for any band with medievalistic, warfare lyrics, irrespective of music style.

edit: admittedly, godawful magazines like metal hammer, but nonetheless, it spreads a really stupid phrase

High On Maiden said:
I hate the shit term "battle metal" even more, because magazines seem to use it for any band with medievalistic, warfare lyrics, irrespective of music style.

edit: admittedly, godawful magazines like metal hammer, but nonetheless, it spreads a really stupid phrase
If you really want to use that stupid term, not that you would want to, I'd apply it to bands that use the whole "fanfare" like keyboards like Bal-sagoth and Turisas. It sure brings me to a battle field.