US Death metal..

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
Why do people put obituary, cannibal corpse, incantation, and other us bands from the south on a pedistal as the best death metal? i personally think those bands are the bands that never grow and have their own song their whole career. i personnally hate obituary and cannibal corpse's sound because it is all the same. incantation just bores the hell out of me while listening, what makes all of them so great?

i got into a argument about this and i dont think cannibal corpse or obituary are that relavent to the metal scene, cept for some gore bands. To me, it seems they are just followers with thier music, nothing original, and not many bands followed them, anyone else agree?

bands that i think do it much better: demilich, miasma, immolation, suffocation, demigod, death, napalm death, the chasm, and carcass

you thoughts on everything?

alot of american metal (not just DM) is over rated. its just american ignorance and angst. most american metal heads think metal is just angry music. those are the same guys who get smashed and yell SLLAAAAYYEEERRRR at every concert.

and if anyone wants proof, all they have todo is goto www.powerslave.com/community . nothing but morons who think metal is just angry music, and anything that isnt (this includes black metal, cuz it isnt american angry) is shit.
~gR~

genocide roach said:
alot of american metal (not just DM) is over rated. its just american ignorance and angst. most american metal heads think metal is just angry music. those are the same guys who get smashed and yell SLLAAAAYYEEERRRR at every concert.

and if anyone wants proof, all they have todo is goto www.powerslave.com/community . nothing but morons who think metal is just angry music, and anything that isnt (this includes black metal, cuz it isnt american angry) is shit.
~gR~

fucking right dude..... it's definatly the arrogant americans... why didnt i think of that... i need to start being friends w/ some europeans.... i fucking hate people at shows now.... they run around banging their head like they just went insane and cant control themselves and mosh to hurt other people.... fucking idiots....watch the show and enjoy the energy coming off the band....

...Since when has Incantation been a southern US band? And since when have they been at all like Obituary or Cannibal Corpse, who themselves aren't at all alike?

im saying Incantation isnt good death metal like obituary and cannibal corpse... i guess i didnt seperate them...

swizzlenuts said:
Why do people put obituary, cannibal corpse, incantation, and other us bands from the south on a pedistal as the best death metal? i personally think those bands are the bands that never grow and have their own song their whole career. i personnally hate obituary and cannibal corpse's sound because it is all the same. incantation just bores the hell out of me while listening, what makes all of them so great?

i got into a argument about this and i dont think cannibal corpse or obituary are that relavent to the metal scene, cept for some gore bands. To me, it seems they are just followers with thier music, nothing original, and not many bands followed them, anyone else agree?

bands that i think do it much better: demilich, miasma, immolation, suffocation, demigod, death, napalm death, the chasm, and carcass

you thoughts on everything?
I agree with you for the most part. But I don't think that Napalm Death is any better, and Incantation's first two albums were great, as boring as their later work may be.

Life Sucks said:
I agree with you for the most part. But I don't think that Napalm Death is any better, and Incantation's first two albums were great, as boring as their later work may be.

i think napalm death is better because they tried something different in metal....like playing extremly fast....idk i just dont get a good feeling from incantation

swizzlenuts said:
i think napalm death is better because they tried something different in metal....like playing extremly fast....idk i just dont get a good feeling from incantation
Napalm Death have more of a grindcore/hardcore vibe to them, and don't sound as metal as the other bands.

swizzlenuts said:
im saying Incantation isnt good death metal like obituary and cannibal corpse... i guess i didnt seperate them...
You fucking fail. Onward to Golgotha, Diabolical Conquest, and The Forsaken Mourning of Angelic Anguish are fucking classics, and Cause of Death is damn fine in its own right.

Cynical said:
You fucking fail. Onward to Golgotha, Diabolical Conquest, and The Forsaken Mourning of Angelic Anguish are fucking classics, and Cause of Death is damn fine in its own right.
Those CDs do all indeed kick ass. I really like the first two Incantation CDs, and Cause of Death by Obituary. I even really like Tomb of the Mutilated and The Bleeding by Cannibal Corpse, though I may have to consider those two to be guilty pleasures of mine.

My favorite US death metal band is Morbid Angel. Just something about them the first time I heard them captured me and I loved it. Altars of Madness stands as one of my all time favorite metal albums. Other bands I enjoy from America are Obituary, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Death and several others that are not coming to mind right now. I am not the hugest death metal fan but I do enjoy these bands and no it's not because they are the most popular and well known ones. I have listened to alot more, these are just the ones I happen to enjoy the most. I do want to check out Immolation, that is one band I have not gotten to listen to yet. My favorite band behind Morbid Angel though they are not American is Behemoth and Vader right behind them. Poland fucking rules. My top 5 death metal bands consist of Morbid Angel, Behemoth, Vader, Dismember, and Death.

TheGraveDigger said:
My favorite US death metal band is Morbid Angel. Just something about them the first time I heard them captured me and I loved it. Altars of Madness stands as one of my all time favorite metal albums. Other bands I enjoy from America are Obituary, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Death and several others that are not coming to mind right now. I am not the hugest death metal fan but I do enjoy these bands and no it's not because they are the most popular and well known ones. I have listened to alot more, these are just the ones I happen to enjoy the most. I do want to check out Immolation, that is one band I have not gotten to listen to yet. My favorite band behind Morbid Angel though they are not American is Behemoth and Vader right behind them. Poland fucking rules. My top 5 death metal bands consist of Morbid Angel, Behemoth, Vader, Dismember, and Death.

Morbid Angel was a lot better in the beginning (Altars of Madness, Covenant, etc.) but they're kind've like falt soda now unfortunately.

Doomwatcher said:
How does The Infernal Storm compare to the band’s previous efforts?
It doesn't. They've turned into a typical "br00thrul" band after "Diabolical Conquest".

Life Sucks, you do realize that only one of the three Incantation albums I mentioned would fall under the category of "first two", right?

I enjoy the bigger named US death metal,etc...Morbid Angel, Obituary,Cannibal Corpse,etc.. some fine albums by these bands.

You can't forget about Brutality from Florida. Their first two albums 'Screams of Anguish' 'When The Sky Turns Black' are great slabs of musical death metal that people seem to forget or not even know about. Their cover of Electric Funeral is godly. The early band line up's could fucking play their instruments very well. The solos and riffs on the first two albums are top notch. They had very great lyrics talking about society. They still talked about death,etc.. and the morbid aspects of life.

Favorite Florida death Metal: Morbid Angel,Brutality(first 2),Monstrosity,Malevolent Creation(only albums with Brett Hoffman),Death,Cannibal Corpse,Obituary,Resurrection,Nocturnus. Atheist and Cynic are from Florida even though I do not consider them death metal.

Favorite NY death metal: Immolation,Incantation(first three),Suffocation,Cannibal Corpse(not all),Skinless,Pyrexia(sermon of mockery),Disfigured(prelude to dementia),Malignancy.

Don't forget about the crazy canadians.. eh:Cryptopsy,Gorguts,Capharnaum,Martyr.

Favorite non US Death Metal: Edge Of Sanity,Bloodbath,Pestilence,Dismember,Entombed,Bolt Thrower,Grave,Unleashed,Therion(old),Amorphis(old),Demigod,Adramelech,,Unanimated,Demilich

What about cali: Possessed,Autopsy

Their is a lot of shit I'm forgetting to mention.

Doomwatcher said:
How does The Infernal Storm compare to the band’s previous efforts?

It's very good, but not quite that good. Recommended highly nontheless.

Incantation are subtle, I recommend giving them more of a shot to the original poster. A person who enjoys Demilich, Miasma, Immolation, The Chasm and Demigod has a good chance of really growing to love a great deal of their stuff.

Gallantry over Docility said:
It's very good, but not quite that good. Recommended highly nontheless.

Incantation are subtle, I recommend giving them more of a shot to the original poster. A person who enjoys Demilich, Miasma, Immolation, The Chasm and Demigod has a good chance of really growing to love a great deal of their stuff.

"Anoint The Chosen" is one of the heaviest DM songs I've ever heard.