US Death metal..

GoD said:
Nile are growing on me a little, I can safely say they're a lot better than Cannibal Corpse.

:lol: You used to think otherwise?

MURAI said:
I agree. It just gets stupid when newer death metal bands that try so hard to be brutal and angry. It loses the whole point why death metal started in the first place.

Really? Why exactly was that again?

Life Sucks said:
No, but I was referring to stuff like Decrepit Birth, Disgorge, Severed Savior, Vile, Sepsism, All Shall Perish, etc.

Yeah, boring stuff.

My opinion of DM is that it should stretch the limits of crushing heaviness and intricate technicality. I personally don't listen to DM for atmosphere. I can appreciate the work of bands like Mithras or Necrophobic, but it's not my cup of tea. My idea of DM is Arsis, Suffocation, Cryptopsy, Origin, Hate eternal, Immolation, Nile, Vehemence, Necrophagist, Psycroptic, Capharnaum, Harakiri, Iniquity, Neuraxis, etc. Mostly hyperblast NYDM or offshoots of that. I don't care if it's derivative. It has to be fucking impossible and noisy.

The new Aborted cd fucking rocks. If anyone has not yet heard it check it. I'm really fucking digging it. Stand out track would be 'Descend To Extirpation'

Everyone does have their own thoughts and feelings on the issue and thats great.I personally think bands like suffocation and cannibal etc of the early DM birth days are the most cloned bands out there today because they have proven over the years what they do fucking is killer period and works. altho cannibal is getten a tad weak with their releases over the years I must honestly say,once again IMO but im still a fan of them more so their older shit.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt Cannibal Corpse from Buffalo, New York?

But aside from that death metal has not really gone anywere. European DM, I wouldnt be surprised if it takes over. We wont forget where it started but in the form of music in general...America hasnt really popped out any good metal acts in awile ( and no lamb of god does not count..not a fan )

I'm american and I really don't think the US has the best death metal bands. My favorite death metal band is Krisiun and they are from Brazil. Now that I think about it there aren't that many USDM bands that I do like. Most of the DM I like come from Europe, Canada or maybe South America.