Favorite death metal bands?

J Mann said:
I have heard that Nightrage album, and their is a fairly significant difference between that and Incorrigible Bigotry, but it doesnt change the fact that it is very similar to The Jester Race, just minus acoustic work. And since TJR is very much a melo-death album, I believe IB is as well.

Also I will seek out Galloping Through the Battle Ruins.

I suppose since you are stuck on your opinion that I cannot change your mind, but if you like the album, that's good enough for me. :)

And Opeth aren't fucking death metal. Neither are the Haunted. Making comments after being incorrect such as "lol scuse me 4 not beng undrgrond" is arrogant.

Speaking of the new wave of thrashy bands that aren't really thrash but have a few thrash riffs per song with the rest being death metal/metalcore, anyone like Dew Scented?

Dew Scented can be ok sometimes, but are hella fucking annoying sometimes. I'm sick of bands like them being compared to the Thrash gods of the 80's. When I saw The Haunted being compared to Exodus in Metal Maniacs, I wanted to kill every single person who had a hand in creating that magazine. :heh:

Oh yeah, on topic....Arghoslent's albums are pretty damn good. Melodic Death Metal with balls, I thought it could never come to be. :p

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Speaking of the new wave of thrashy bands that aren't really thrash but have a few thrash riffs per song with the rest being death metal/metalcore, anyone like Dew Scented?
I'll check them out, because I happen to like the new not thrash thrash.

Jean-Pierre said:
Dew Scented can be ok sometimes, but are hella fucking annoying sometimes. I'm sick of bands like them being compared to the Thrash gods of the 80's. When I saw The Haunted being compared to Exodus in Metal Maniacs, I wanted to kill every single person who had a hand in creating that magazine. :heh:

Oh yeah, on topic....Arghoslent's albums are pretty damn good. Melodic Death Metal with balls, I thought it could never come to be. :p

1. Dew Scented are great if you don't think of them as thrash, because they're blatantly not thrash, but they're part of the weird wave of bands that don't have a real genre, so they just get called thrash. I just call them slightly thrashy deathy metalcore. But, yeah, I agree, stupid fucks need to stop comparing bands like Haunted to Artillery and Evildead. It's fucking ignorant.

2. Arghoslent are amazing and no fan of metal should be without AT LEAST a copy of Incorrigible Bigotry, bought or otherwise. If you like them, check out Kronos and Intestine Baalism. These three bands are the recommendations I constantly give out for death metal with balls and a great deal of melody, also.

AjDeath said:
I'll check them out, because I happen to like the new not thrash thrash.

THAT MUST MEAN YOU LIKE DIMENSION ZERO OUT DEVIL OUT

J Mann said:
I have heard that Nightrage album, and their is a fairly significant difference between that and Incorrigible Bigotry, but it doesnt change the fact that it is very similar to The Jester Race, just minus acoustic work. And since TJR is very much a melo-death album, I believe IB is as well.

Are you fucking dumb?

I'd rather just avoid them, and not even acknowledge their existence. They don't belong in a Death Metal thread. Now Arghoslent, they certainly do. Discuss.

warning.gif