Original Death Metal bands

Hellwitch

New Metal Member
Nov 5, 2016
Greetings everyone! I have another question about Death Metal (It's not ridiculous like the previous question...). As we all know, after 1987, bands started to play a more aggressive and brutal type of music which we know as Death Metal. Many bands played this style of Metal between 1989 and 1992.

But that isn't what I'm looking for. I'm searching for bands which brought their originality to Death Metal and added an element to this genre. Because several bands play in a similar style, I wanted to discover the innovative ones. So who are the creative bands in your opinion?

Bands I already know: Morbid Angel, Death, Possessed, Massacre, Immolation, Cannibal Corpse, Carnage, Entombed, Unleashed, Dark Tranquility, At The Gates, Carcass, Atheist, Suffocation, Bolt Thrower, Autopsy, Hellwitch, Exhumed, Deicide, Opeth, Gorefest, Nile, Afflicted, Revenant, Alchemist, Cattle Decapitation, Gorefest, Obliveon, Dying Fetus, Ablaze My Sorrow, Arch Enemy, Abhorrence, Bloodbath, Cancer, Asphyx, Brain Drill, Cemetary, Cadacross, Cadaver, Atomic Aggressor and Armoured Angel.

Do you know Insanity (the early Bay Area band)? Especially for a Hellwitch fan I think there's a lot to like, technical in a controlled-madness kind of way:

Early Atrocity is obligatory too

No I don't know them. Let's check them out.............I really like them! Especially Atrocity!

44671.jpg

Terminal Death

These guys put this demo out in 1985. Had to be one of the earlier bands to push into the DM realm.Don't know how well known they are now, with the internet and such, but back then no one outside of Chicago and hardcore tape traders knew who they were.

Terminal Death

These guys put this demo out in 1985. Had to be one of the earlier bands to push into the DM realm.Don't know how well known they are now, with the internet and such, but back then no one outside of Chicago and hardcore tape traders knew who they were.

This is fantastic. There were several bands releasing death metal songs during the mid 80s but unfortunately they are not well known.