best death metal-albums!!!

Here are the tracks from Digested Flesh, a cool band from New Jersey.

Fit For Massacre
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=8DC018274C2B6972
Splatter Pattern
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=533DBAB2612B039D
Intestinal Ejaculation
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1F9505617C40CD25

About Wormbath: Good leads and rythms, vocals were pretty good if a little barky for me. Overall I liked it :kickass:

Offtopic: The Greys do you live up in Lake Placid? I ask because I'll be up in that area on vacation in a few days.

cookiecutter said:
Offtopic: The Greys do you live up in Lake Placid? I ask because I'll be up in that area on vacation in a few days.

Yeah. We get mainly tourists from new jersey and canada that don't know have to drive or park. There is two ways to get into lake placid NY. I live in the middle of the ski-jumps and a training center. We are known for the olympics and sports so we get a lot of tourists. Over the last 6+ years a lot of motels/hotels and condows have been built to expand us. Our town is very little but actually pretty nice compared to other places in upstate NY. One of the towns called saranac lake about ten minutes from here is a complete shithole so don't waste anytime there, even though are town is nice and we've had the olympics and iron man that shithole town has been named the all american city over us. I suggest you visit white face mountain when you get here(a ski-resourt). In the summer you can take lift rides so that might be something your parents would probably have fun doing. Don't expect to see any metal shows when you are up!

Also don't sit in any park alone because younger adults have been assaulted recently. Two young adults around my age recently were arrested for beating the crap out of a 52 year old crushing his eye socket in park. He tried to step in and help some kids. There is some new stupid gang or something now. This town is nice but there are still typical scummers in the area. We also have a homless guy in our town now(he's been there for about a one year) that you will notice. He's an ex-marine that stands in one spot and will not work,etc... he's been arrested once actually :lol:

Yeah I know what you mean about Saranac Lake. We've been coming up to the area for the past 5 years or so and that is the closest town. We've been to whiteface and we usually go out to eat one or twice in Lake Placid.

Any good CD stores in the area?

We have this little crappy music store called 'audio vision' right near eerie's pizza. I only buy guitar strings there. The owner is a nice guy but has no room to really expand his store. Basic mainstream cds and electronics are sold their and guitar strings, and picks,etc.... You can drive to plattsburgh which is about one hour from here that has a mall with an FYE and also a peacock music store that has a small metal section. That's probably your best bet if you don't mind sitting in a car and are visiting for a bit. If you will be here for several days don't bother because it would be a waste of time.

Massacra's Final Holocaust is pretty badass death/thrash. Very surprsing release for its time as well.

The Greys said:
I actually liked Tagtgrens vocals on nightmares made flesh. His vocals sounded more lower than in hypcrisy. Hypocrisy's melodes are second rate and their old albums are generic. can't stand them

The riffs and production job on Nightmares Made Flesh is pretty much mindblowing. Only oldschoolers can make newer death metal sound good like this.
The only Hyporcisy albums I like are the first two. Those are also their only two death metal albums. The Fourth Dimension is tolerable, but I don't like any of their other work at all. Everybody always raves about Abducted, so I picked it up a few years ago, and found it to be boring melodic extreme metal, attempting to be atmospheric. Hypocrisy are a very overrated band.

Agreed, Abducted is fucking awful. The Fourth Dimension is noteworthy solely for 'Apocalypse', which is probably the best thing Hypocrisy have ever written.

Wombbath rules, but I can't really see them appealing to many people other than die-hard fans like myself.

J Mann said:
Massacra's Final Holocaust is pretty badass death/thrash. Very surprsing release for its time as well.

One of the best early 90's simplistic effective oldschool death albums. I actually prefere this over older death. (surely someone is going to call me an idiot ha).

Life Sucks said:
The only Hyporcisy albums I like are the first two. Those are also their only two death metal albums. The Fourth Dimension is tolerable, but I don't like any of their other work at all. Everybody always raves about Abducted, so I picked it up a few years ago, and found it to be boring melodic extreme metal, attempting to be atmospheric. Hypocrisy are a very overrated band.

You think I would like the first two because they are straightforward death metal albums but they really just do nothing for me at all. Hyprocrisy eventually jumped onto the melodic death metal scene late. Hypocrisy's melodies just sound like crappy melodies that bands before them would have thrown out because they were not good enough. I guess even sweden has a crappy band.

I forgot Cemetary -an evil shade of grey' on my list:erk: . I was listening to this album early and it's amazing everytime. Perfect mix of aggression heaviness and atmosphere(Ex: amorphis- the karelian isthmus), and also has the guitar lines that sound like they're spiralling into nowhere over the really heavy rythmn. The acoustic parts over the rythmn on an evil shade of grey are like tiamat 'the astral sleep'.

I respect nihilist/entombed and carnage/dismemer. 'left hand path' 'clandestine' 'dark recollections' 'like an everflowing stream' are classic DM albums but I do not think they're the best death metal albums out of sweden.

i fuckin love hypocrisy even though there are parts of some albums that i have issues with usually how the vocals were produced. sometimes peters vocals seemed kinda cluttereed and hard to decipher but lately he s been doing it right. the only legitimate problem that i can see is that his lyrics sometimes leave something to be desired. and i love hypocrisy s melodies and atmosphere. way to many people shit on death metal with any kind of melodic appeal or accessibility around here but to each his own. i suppose i didnt really like the band when i first heard them either but how can someone not listen to a song like warpath and not be blown away by this guys talent especially vocally? who cares if his riffs aren t completely original anyway? so much of metal is just recycled ideas anyway and if it works then use it. theres probably less than 25 riffs in metal and everything else is just variations on those. and lyrics and song concepts are pretty much the same thing. take the most original band you know and im pretty sure theres someone on here who can prove you wrong.

Can't think of 10 right now

Vehemence - Helping The World To See
Satyicon - Now, Diabolical
COB - Hate.Crew.Deathroll
Obituary - Frozen In Time
Obituary - The End Complete

Death- Symbolic
Cryptopsy- None so Vile
Cattle Decapitation- Humanure
Deicide- Deicide
Fleshgore- May God Strike Me Dead
At the Gates- Slaughter of the Soul