Death Metal Must Have Albums

Agreed , the list is aimed at Old School Death Metal ... because its the style that always succeeds in blowing my mind the most:Smokedev:.

And if there are some real buried treasure albums out there lost that never made it to my ears or anyone else's that loves this style as much, this is very useful list to have.
My internet use is limited at the moment but I'm definitely gonna dig up most the stuff that sounds promising that was added...

Its that kind of scene at the moment , sadly almost like a dying art being choked by skinny gay kids with fringes...

as for the newer shit...

Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
Funebrarum - Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods
Ignivomous - Death Transmutation
Father Befouled - Morbid Destitution of Covenant

Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness
Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow
Nocturnus - The Key
Dismember - Like an Ever Flowing Stream
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Possessed - Seven Churches

OP already mentioned Dawn Of Possession, but Here In After and Failures For Gods are equally essential (in case you haven't checked them out).

as for the newer shit...

Dead Congregation - Graves of the Archangels
Funebrarum - Beneath the Columns of Abandoned Gods
Ignivomous - Death Transmutation
Father Befouled - Morbid Destitution of Covenant

At this point, I'd rather skip these bands and listen to the good Incantation/Immolation albums. It's basically the same thing, just done better.

Good point with the exception of Graves of the Archangels, which is one of the finest death metal albums period, regardless of the Incantation worship.

Obituary - Cause of Death (World Demise is my favorite from Obituary though)
Desultory - Into Eternity
Angelcorpse - Exterminate
Suffocation - EOTF
Bolt Thrower - Pretty much anything honestly
Death - Spiritual Healing, Human
Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated, The Bleeding
The first three Deicide albums (nothing after that is worth getting except maybe Serpents)
Carcass - Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious
Disincarnate - Dreams of the Carrion Kind
MORDICUS - DANCES FROM LEFT
Entombed - Left Hand Path

I'll stop there. Anything obvious I didn't mention (like Morbid Angel or Immolation) is on my list.

I think that the first Hate Eternals Conquering The Throne is a pretty damn good death metal position. Definitely not regarded as a classic but it is Rutans only above decent effort IMO.