Death Metal albums from 2004

Hey you guys could give me some info about this band? It's called Alvused I think. I saw their cover 3 days ago and it gave me the creeps! It was fucking scary!

Avulsed, from Spain. Vocalist is Dave Rotten, owner of Repulse Records....who're defunct now I think....hmmm.

Yeah, Avulsed are bloody excellent brutal death.....you probably saw the cover of Yearning for the Grotesque, with the psycho guy on the front in an apron splattered with blood, filed teeth, reptilian eyes, and bodyparts hanging from meathooks behind him? Hehe, I love that cover. The artwork inside is pretty fucked-up too....all the band members are digitally touched-up in the same way, looks cool. :kickass: That album was from 2003 though, but you should still pick it up if you can. =)

Well, all their music is worth getting.

SculptedCold said:
The new Commit Suicide is hardly anything special. It's not even as interesting as the first album, despite sounding almost exactly the same (albeit with less of the cool drumming as well).
Crap I was looking forward to that too........the willowtip site says it is more technical, is this true?

Yearning For the Grotesque is awesome BTW

Spirit In Black said:
Crap I was looking forward to that too........the willowtip site says it is more technical, is this true?

Yearning For the Grotesque is awesome BTW
it is

believe me its very good, its better than that new overrated Decapitated crap and any unique leader album as well

Spirit In Black said:
You know what? I honestly can't tell. The riffs sound so similar to the first one, only even less interesting, that it doesn't hold my attention enough for me to be able to tell how technical it is. The first three times I listened to the entire album, it only caught my interest at ONE point on the album, on the first song when a fucking amazing riff jumps in and takes over from all the mundane ones.

But that's how I get the new Commit Suicide, basically the same as the first album, and really, I shouldn't be missing whats going on because Commit Suicide is by no means a chaotic or hard to listen-to band. Their songs just consist of a linear cycle of riffs, that's all. Riff 1, play for 20 seconds, Riff 2, play for 30, Riff 3, play for 20 and maybe I dunno, 5 to 10 riffs for a song.

What really caught my attention with the first album were the moments like in Cyclic Vomiting when the song starts to speed-up and the drummer is going apeshit and rhythmically catchy on the cymbals and stuff, or on the opening of Black Falls when he's blasting and alternating those amazingly fast tom rolls as well....the drumming was spectacular on the first album, but on this second one there's hardly any of that at all. It's like the rest of the dudes in the band told him to not be so flashy, and just keep the beat plain (albeit fast). It's really annoying, that's the main thing I was looking forward to, more flashy as hell drumming. But nope, nada.

If you like Commit Suicide, pick it up by all means, but don't expect anything nearly on a par with Human Larvae.

Impamiiz said:
On the 12th of July....

Be prepeared or get run over ;) :headbang:

Best regards
Carl Birath /INSISION

I can't wait for it!

One question though....Thomas recorded the drums before he left, correct?

MURAI said:
So far, when it comes to death metal albums I have Decapitated - The Negation but that's pretty much it. I dont even get newly released albums, I tend to get earlier ones and the albums considered classics.

Yeah I tend to be the same at the moment, trying to catch up on the essentials, so can't really follow the latest releases very easily.