10 essential death metal albums I MUST own!

You should check out some Bolt Thrower for some easy to listen to DM. I didnt notice anyone mentioning them. Have a listen to At first Light from the album Those Once Loyal.

Akercocke are worth a go too, start with the album Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone, although theyre all good.

'cool' doesn't begin to cover demiurge, he's possibly the weirdest person i've ever interacted with on the internet and i've talked to some fucking wackos in my time

in no particular order ....

Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick
Death - Leprosy
Death - Spiritual Healing
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Pestilence - Testimony of the Ancients
Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream
Dismember - Indecent and Obscene
Gorguts - The Erosion of Sanity
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Suffocation - Breeding the Spawn
Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness
Immolation - Here in After
Autopsy - Severed Survival
Autopsy - Mental Funeral
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka
Demigod- Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Decapitated - Winds of Creation
Malevolent Creation - The Ten Commandments
Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil
Bolt Thrower - The IVth Crusade
Vader - De Profundis

sorry, couldn't list just 10.

A very good list. Really, theres to many to cut down into just 10.

in no particular order ....

Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are the Sick
Death - Leprosy
Death - Spiritual Healing
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Pestilence - Testimony of the Ancients
Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream
Dismember - Indecent and Obscene
Gorguts - The Erosion of Sanity
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Suffocation - Breeding the Spawn
Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness
Immolation - Here in After
Autopsy - Severed Survival
Autopsy - Mental Funeral
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka
Demigod- Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Decapitated - Winds of Creation
Malevolent Creation - The Ten Commandments
Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil
Bolt Thrower - The IVth Crusade
Vader - De Profundis

sorry, couldn't list just 10.

Where's Entombed? It's criminal not to include Left Hand Path and Clandestine in a list of essentials. Atheist too, surely Unquestionable Presence is an essential. Obituary's Cause Of Death needs to be included, and I would probably choose Dawn of Possession, Close to a World Below or Unholy Cult before Here in After, but all of these are great albums that are essentials. Otherwise yeah your list isn't wrong, although there are a few more albums I can think of that's more worthy of being essentials than the last 7 albums on your list (the ones from The Chasm, Gorod, Asphyx, Massacre).

Is he supposed to list every single death metal album he feels is good? What's the point of complaining about it? and lol at Massacre being "essential" and not Demigod and Malevolent Creation.

yes, Left Hand Path is essential (i prefer Dismember's debut), but Clandestine definitely isn't.

forgot about Atheist (fixed), but i wouldn't consider anything from Massacre, Gorod and especially The Chasm essential DM, even though im a big fan of the first two bands mentioned.

and also, im missing a lot more that would be considered essential, but im not trying to make my list a page long and tried to keep it to a minimum.

edit: and yes, Obituary's Cause of Death belongs on that list, and also some bands have more than a couple essentials so i tried to go with my favorites out of them, thats why Here in After is listed, i also chose Breeding the Spawn over Pierced... but i would consider all three essential.

1- Vital Remains - Dechristianize

2- Vital Remains - Dechristianize

3- Vital Remains - Dechristianize

4- Vital Remains - Dechristianize

5- Vital Remains - Dechristianize

6- Vital Remains - Dechristianize

7- Vital Remains - Dechristianize

8- Vital Remains - Dechristianize

9- Vital Remains - Dechristianize

10- Vital Remains - Dechristianize

Dechristianize can't occupy all ten spots since it's only one album. You have to put nine other albums in the list too if it's supposed to be a top ten list.

Dechristianize is awful. The only two VR albums even worth one listen are Let us Pray and Into Cold Darkness, neither of which I would consider essential.