GMD Votes: Top 20 Death Metal Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
NEW RULES PLEASE READ

Okay, so this is going to be a bit different from the other 'x' amount of threads on this.

Voting will close in one week. You will list your top 20 death metal albums IN ORDER. A number one album will get it 20 points, a number two will get it 19 and on down to 1.

So, for example if your top 3 albums are:

Effigy of the Forgotten
Dawn of Possession
Onward to Golgotha

Effigy gets 20, DoP gets 19, OTG gets 18

No honorable mentions or anything like that. Once voting is over, I will tally the votes and post them here.

The second round I will post the top 10 from round one and you will do the same thing there (#1 gets 10 pts, #2 gets 9, etc)

3rd round will rank the top 5 and then there will be an ultimate list at the end of everything and I will add this to the thread directory.

I will lock the thread at the end of each round so no one gets in late or whatever.

Rules:

No albums past 2004
No more than two albums from one band (preferably one album from each band, but I'm not a complete dick)
You can only include one band that has only one full length (ie Demilich, Mordicus)

Voting starts now. Happy voting!

01. Vital Remains - Dechristianize
02. Amon Amarth - Once Sent From the Golden Hall
03. Impaled - Death After Life
04. Immolation - Close to a World Below
05. Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines
06. Jungle Rot - Fueled By Hate
07. Amon Amarth - The Crusher
08. Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
09. Cannibal Corpse - Kill
10. Behemoth - The Apostasy
11. Morbid Angel - Covenant
12. Entombed - Left Hand Path
13. Dismember - Like an Ever Flowing Stream
14. Kataklysm - In the Arms of Devastation
15. At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
16. Sepultura - Morbid Visions
17. Hypocrisy - Virus
18. Goratory - Orgasm Induced Diarrhea
19. Death - The Sound of Perseverance
20. Severe Torture - Fall of the Despised

I'm not an authority on death metal, but these are my favs. I'm sure there are better albums, and I'm equally sure I don't give a shit.

1) Malevolent Creation - The Ten Commandments
2) Malevolent Creation - Retribution
3) Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
4) Deicide - Once Upon the Cross
5) Obituary - World Demise
6) Obituary - Cause of Death
7) Bolt Thrower - HVP
8) Quo Vadis - Defiant Imagination
9) Morbid Angel - Covenant
10) Mordicus - Dances From Left
11) Death - Spiritual Healing
12) Entombed - LHP
13) Immolation - Dawn of Possession
14) Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated
15) Angelcorpse - Exterminate
16) Decapitated - Winds of Creation
17) Nile - Black Seeds of Vengeance
18) Gorguts - The Erosion of Sanity
19) Jungle Rot - Slaughter the Weak
20) The Chasm - Deathcult

This was extremely hard past #3

Okay, so I added some rules to make sure there aren't a bunch of ties. Please read the original post thoroughly.

Again, voting closes after a week.

WAIF and I are excluded since the rules came in after we voted. I don't think it will affect the voting much.

Nothing past 2005? Heresy

It will make things easier I think. If we include a full 25 years of death metal, it's too broad. Need to narrow things to make sure that we don't have like 20 albums with 10 votes each as the #1-20 slot.

I changed it to 2004.

It will make things easier I think. If we include a full 25 years of death metal, it's too broad. Need to narrow things to make sure that we don't have like 20 albums with 10 votes each as the #1-20 slot.

I changed it to 2004.

I am probably giving you too much shit for your idea behind this thread so my bad, but I just see it as excluding bands like Excoriate, Necrovation, Dead Congregation and others who have put out some great material lately

What's the logic behind excluding bands with 1 full length? Demlich only has one full length, but it'd be in my top 3 for sure and I'm sure many other people would list it as well.

Agreed, dude. If we were talking about our favorite death metal bands it might make sense to exclude bands with limited discographies, but we're talking specific albums. WTF Ozz.

So I can't have both Demilich and Lykathea Aflame.

*que some fag raging about one or both being 'overrated'

How inclusive are we being? Only OSDM or also tech deth, melodic death, brutal death, etc?

I didn't specify. WAIF has melodic death in his and I have some tech death in mine.

If it were OSDM, it would be much easier? Maybe I should do something like that for each one of these..

Damn, this is going to be fuckin' hard. Any of the albums in my top 5 can take the #1 spot.

edit: No albums past 2004? WTF, a shit load of my favorite technical death metal albums came out in the past 10 years. If that's the case then i definitely would have to vote for more than two albums for some of my favorite bands.

meh, fuck this.

Status
Not open for further replies.