GMD Votes: Top 20 OSDM albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in the day, I'm pretty sure you taught me everything I needed to know about death metal. Don't figure I ever got around to thanking you for that.

I'm wondering if I should have put Atheist in Grave's spot. The thing is, I listen to and enjoy Grave more. Atheist is great and all, but listening gets tedious some days I guess

I just wondered for no reason. I like Grave more. Weird.

Divine Torture-Once upon the cross is #2 and Stop at Nothing at #6? That's cool I guess but I think of both as the worst of their first four albums.

Not hating though, I like most of the albums on your list.

Both albums are simply the ones I find myself going back to the most and enjoying most. And they are both where I think both bands finally found their groove and became totally their own entities, matured, and confirmed the solidity of their legacy.

But mostly my list is based solely on what albums I enjoy, know, and listen to most. Not necessarily what I think is their best from an objective view point.

I'm wondering if I should have put Atheist in Grave's spot. The thing is, I listen to and enjoy Grave more. Atheist is great and all, but listening gets tedious some days I guess

I just wondered for no reason. I like Grave more. Weird.

It's a favorites list. If you like Grave more, than i don't see what the problem is.

Into the Grave and You'll Never See would have made my list if it was up to 30 or 40.

I'm sure if I cared enough to make a proper list I wouldn't put Bloodbath's Nightmares Made Flesh there in the list, not even in top 100.. but hell, it's staying there.

the best thing about this thread is that i've been listening to some albums that i have not listened to in some time. Dark Recollections, The Nocturnal Silence, Changes :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

It's a favorites list. If you like Grave more, than i don't see what the problem is.

Into the Grave and You'll Never See would have made my list if it was up to 30 or 40.
Yeah, I just didn't acknowledge that I listen to Grave that much. It sort of just happened. I was a longtime casual listener of Grave, but apparently over time I found I genuinely favor them over a lot of quality bands.

Any opportunity to post pointless lists.

Pointless lists is what GMD is all about.

1. Possessed - Seven Churches
2. Nocturnus - The Key
3. Master - Unreleased 1985 Album
4. Death - Scream Bloody Gore
5. Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
6. Sentenced - North From Here
7. Asphyx - The Rack
8. Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness
9. Atheist - Piece Of Time
10. Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
11. Dismember - Like An Everflowing Stream
12. Slaughter - Strappado
13. Autopsy - Severed Survival
14. Repulsion - Horrified
15. Deicide - Deicide
16. Darkthrone - Soulside Journey
17. Absu - Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L
18. Adramelech - The Fall
19. Molested - Blod Draum
20. Merciless - The Awakening

Slaughter, Repulsion, and Molested only have one full length each. That Adramelech isnt a full length either.

You know what happens now...

Status
Not open for further replies.