GMD Votes: Top 10 OSDM albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt really change the fact you stuck Obscura, Decapitated, Spawn of Possession and Decapitated on your list tnb. Give me Molesting the Decapitated, Incorrigible Bigotry, and Death Shall Rise over that garbage any day.

Elements is pretty awful compared to Atheist's first two too.

You listed Decapitated twice, great job. lol :devil:

While I wouldn't say any of those bands have produced an album worthy of this thread, they're not exactly garbage either. Those 3 bands have produced some solid albums, especially Spawn of Possession.

I could see Obscura on this list. I used to worship that album. But fucking Spawn of Possession? That's like one step above putting Brain Drill and Necrophagist on this list.

You listed Decapitated twice, great job. lol :devil:

While I wouldn't say any of those bands have produced an album worthy of this thread, they're not exactly garbage either. Those 3 bands have produced some solid albums, especially Spawn of Possession.

For your top 20 you put a Brutality album at #6, included two Bolt Thrower albums, as well as Edge of Sanity's Crimson. "Worthy".

There's no reason to add variety just for the sake of variety. Picking Altars Of Madness, for example, may be a bit cliche, but if you don't put it on your list you're kidding yourself. Not only is it a really good album, but it had a huge influence on the genre as a whole. It's a legendary piece of Death Metal. So are some of the other albums that were listed.

Being unique and picking "off the board" albums just for the sake of it, is what poseur hipster faggots do. Now, if you think an album legitimately deserves the recognition, then go ahead.

I mostly agree, and appreciate most of what is regarded as the top death metal classics. But, I don't find myself pulling those albums out much anymore. Alters of madness is excellent as you said, and one of my top death metal albums, but I don't listen to it more than once a year or so anymore. If I did this list last year, I probably would've included None so vile, close to a world below, and diabolical conquest, which are all great, but listening to them frequently would almost be a chore since I've heard them so damn often. I get a lot of enjoyment out of listening to the albums that I listed. But I've owned sinister's hate and monstrosity's millenium as long as NSV and diabolical conquest, yet I still think that they are great and listen to them quite often.

In hindsight, I probably would've put gorguts considered dead and napalm deaths harmony corruption on the list somewhere, but whatever, too late.

Technical barbarity-In pains is godly. Definitely not one of the worst albums that was listed on the thread.

It's Altars bro. How many fucking times are people on these forums going to keep bringing that album up when they don't even know the proper name of it?

I could see Obscura on this list. I used to worship that album. But fucking Spawn of Possession? That's like one step above putting Brain Drill and Necrophagist on this list.

:lol: Yeah, thanks for proving you've never even listened to Cabinet(the only SoP album that was in that thread). That albums sounds absolutely nothing like Brain drill, who sound absolutely nothing like Necrophagist... :lol: what a fucking tool. I swear, people judging albums that they've clealry never even listened to are just fucking pathetic and despicable ... to say the least.

>calls people hipsters for not agreeing with his personal MOST IMPORTANT DEATH METAL canon
>gets butthurt when people call him out on his bullshit

This is a discussion forum m8, get the fuck out if that upsets you.

There's a difference between having a discussion and over analyzing every single thing people say. I said people are hipsters if they try to be unique for the sake of being unique, not because they left out a Morbid Angel album on their list.

I mostly agree, and appreciate most of what is regarded as the top death metal classics. But, I don't find myself pulling those albums out much anymore. Alters of madness is excellent as you said, and one of my top death metal albums, but I don't listen to it more than once a year or so anymore. If I did this list last year, I probably would've included None so vile, close to a world below, and diabolical conquest, which are all great, but listening to them frequently would almost be a chore since I've heard them so damn often. I get a lot of enjoyment out of listening to the albums that I listed. But I've owned sinister's hate and monstrosity's millenium as long as NSV and diabolical conquest, yet I still think that they are great and listen to them quite often.

That's perfectly fine. I think highly of many of these albums, but I don't necessarily listen to them regularly. That would be boring... I like checking out new stuff, and hell, I don't like listening to the same genre all the time either.

I like cheeseburgers, but I don't necessarily want to eat them all the time. I'm not Randy Bobandy. :)

yeah, you'd have to be near completely retarded to not see the greatest technical death metal album of all time on the initial list(before the wave of retard votes came in). Bravo!

I think Cody thought Yoda was talking about the band Obscura. I'm still not sure whether Yoda was talking about the band or the album.

lol @ anyone complaining about Screams of Anguish being initially listed in the top 20's list. :lol: This place can truly be shocking sometimes.

Do you think it's the sixth most objectively significant, culturally important, artistically relevant, and intellectually masturbatable death metal album? If not, his list is wrong.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the album, as the band isn't even old enough to make the list. He clearly said "album".

Do you think it's the sixth most objectively significant, culturally important, artistically relevant, and intellectually masturbatable death metal album? If not, your list is wrong.

Definitely not #6 if we're talking "top/best" DM albums, but i have no problem with it being in someones favorites list. That's why i said "top 20" in my last post .. hurdur.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the album, as the band isn't even old enough to make the list. Plus, yoda clearly said "album".

Definitely not #6 if we're talking "top/best" DM albums, but i have no problem with it being in someones favorites list.

But weren't you talking about the band? :erk:

I'm confused... whatever. The Gorguts album kicks ass, either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.