GMD Votes: Top 10 OSDM albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like early Slayer and some of the other sloppy trash like Morbid Saint, but in whole I find pure thrash metal to be kinda boring. Now, give me some thrash mixed with some other genres and I'm set. The genre just isn't for me. I have no rationale why, it's just not appealing to me.

Not into Artillery, Razor, Infernal Majesty, Holy Terror, Rigor Mortis, or Vio-lence? I consider those all pure thrash and frankly some of the best metal out there.

I cant dig very deep into thrash or i get bored but i do have the albums i like.... So i will be skewing the voting thread like some of the guys posting big lists of weird shit in the death metal thread did.

I enjoyed looking at the lists personally. A few albums that I hadn't heard before and some sound promising. So many top death metal lists look like this:

morbid angel-alters of madness
death-symbolic
athiest-piece of time
autopsy-mental funeral
suffocation-effigy

Fucking boring. Personally, Id rather see some lists with variety, especially since I haven't been listening to the best known or more appreciated death metal albums as much recently. I'd be interested to see what you thought was an example of weird shit skewing the lists.

There's no reason to add variety just for the sake of variety. Picking Altars Of Madness, for example, may be a bit cliche, but if you don't put it on your list you're kidding yourself. Not only is it a really good album, but it had a huge influence on the genre as a whole. It's a legendary piece of Death Metal. So are some of the other albums that were listed.

Being unique and picking "off the board" albums just for the sake of it, is what poseur hipster faggots do. Now, if you think an album legitimately deserves the recognition, then go ahead.

5 of my top 10 albums made the list. Apparently i wasnt the only one who agreed with them. I did favorites for the last ten since they barely mattered anyway.

Yes, but who else agreed with those other albums that you listed? If those weren't the three most "off " picks here, than i don't know what else to fucking say to you. Without a doubt the 3 crappiest bands and albums that were named in ANY of the lists from these "top 10-20" threads.

There's no reason to add variety just for the sake of variety. Picking Altars Of Madness, for example, may be a bit cliche, but if you don't put it on your list you're kidding yourself. Not only is it a really good album, but it had a huge influence on the genre as a whole. It's a legendary piece of Death Metal. So are some of the other albums that were listed.

Being unique and picking "off the board" albums just for the sake of it, is what poseur hipster faggots do. Now, if you think an album legitimately deserves the recognition, then go ahead.

Well fucking said ... but this is a favorite list after all.

There's no point of including albums in a favorites list just because you feel some kind of duty to include influential/"important" ones.

Doesnt really change the fact you stuck Obscura, Decapitated, Spawn of Possession and Decapitated on your list tnb. Give me Molesting the Decapitated, Incorrigible Bigotry, and Death Shall Rise over that garbage any day.

Elements is pretty awful compared to Atheist's first two too.

But I'm not doing that, I'm just saying that the fact that it had a large influence on the growth of the genre adds to it's greatness.

You think it absolutely has to be on someone's top 20 death metal albums, or they're deluding themselves.

Well, the lists name is "top" death metal albums .... not "favorite" DM albums.

In that case the entire thread is retarded because we may as well have a giant, dickwaving argument in essay format detailing death metal albums and their "significance" on a point-by-point basis.

Doesnt really change the fact you stuck Obscura, Decapitated, Spawn of Possession and Decapitated on your list tnb. Give me Molesting the Decapitated, Incorrigible Bigotry, and Death Shall Rise over that garbage any day.

:lol: Nothing you mentioned come anywhere near Winds of Creation, or Cabinet, let alone any of the Gorguts albums, and you fucking know it. Put down that crackpipe, son ... you're embarrassing yourself, son.

+ i woudln't expect someone as shallow as yourself to enjoy an album such as Elements. Devoured for life bro ... :lol:

If you have qualms with it, why contribute? You're contradicting yourself if you do.

WTF? I made a list just so to go along and play this stupid fucking game. I didn't even fucking want to contribute to this joke of a list to begin with anyway ... so yea, ill just go ahead and delete it.

You think it absolutely has to be on someone's top 20 death metal albums, or they're deluding themselves.

Do you have to argue about every single thing people write? Maybe I was exaggerating?

This anal retentiveness that you possess is probably a big reason why you don't have any friends or get attention from women. Nobody likes a giant, uptight douche.

If you have qualms with it, why contribute? You're contradicting yourself if you do.

I don't have qualms with the thread. I have qualms with the idea that this is supposed to be an objective arrangement of The Greatest Death Metal Albums™ and not a bunch of people submitting their personal favorites.

Do you have to argue about every single thing people write? Maybe I was exaggerating?

This anal retentiveness that you possess is probably a big reason why you don't have any friends or get attention from women. Nobody likes a giant douche.

>calls people hipsters for not agreeing with his personal MOST IMPORTANT DEATH METAL canon
>gets butthurt when people call him out on his bullshit

This is a discussion forum m8, get the fuck out if that upsets you.

Status
Not open for further replies.