GMD Votes: Top 20 Thrash Albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am home, not taking a nap because the Cowboys are playing this afternoon, and I have Pizza from yesterday. My life is awesome, Mustaine's voice isn't, and it isn't even debatable.

I am home, not taking a nap because the Cowboys are playing this afternoon, and I have Pizza from yesterday. My life is awesome, Mustaine's voice isn't, and it isn't even debatable.
The Cowboys are gay. I'm a Chicago fan and even I'm cheering Green Bay. Capitalized leftover Pizza doesn't fix your obviously sick earhole taste buds. Your life must lack any depth despite how awesome you claim it to be, because his voice is fine and that's not debatable.

You know who deserves more discussion and I didn't see once and forgot about during my first list?..... Fucking Necrodeath. Black As Pitch is sooo good.

And Fragments of Reality.

Fuck that. I love Mustaine's unique snarl.

This.

Me too. Fuck the haters.

This.

His vocals are fine and he has the best album from the big 4. Piss off

And this.

[EDIT] Listened to Sadus again. They're good musicians and all that. I have the same problem with it that I have with a lot of Tech Death. All those wacky tech ideas just don't mesh together into good songs. It's all disjointed and all over the place.

Wow i actaully think the exact opposite .... but eh, to each their own. I think their songs are fucking great. Top notch musicianship, great songwriting etc. They released some of the best technical thrash metal of all time and far better than most of the tech-thrash bands that i see brought up here in these forums.

edit: Currently listening to AVoM ... the first four tracks on that album are just nuts. I dont know a tech-thrash album that opens up stronger(except PfD maybe).

-----------------

Mustaine always manages to sound like a kid trying to mask the fact that his balls haven't dropped.

:lol:

1. Slayer - Reign in Blood
2. Megadeth - Rust in Peace
3. Metallica - Ride the Lightning
4. Metallica - Master of Puppets
5. Slayer - Hell Awaits
6. Vektor - Black Planet
7. Metallica - Kill Em All
8. Slayer - Show No Mercy
9. Coroner - No More Color
10. Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
11. Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
12. Artillery - By Inheritance
13. Sodom - Persecution Mania
14. Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
15. Holy Terror - Mind Wars
16. Testament - The New Order
17. Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
18. Testament - The Legacy
19. Exodus - Bonded By Blood
20. Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare

There's a lot of thrash I haven't explored so about half of these records were new to me and with the exception of Coroner and Vektor I don't feel like I heard anything special (at least those two records were in fact quite excellent). If innocuous records like those Dark Angel, Testament and Violence records are really some of the best cuts that thrash metal has to offer, then that's a sad state of affairs.

1. Slayer - Reign in Blood
2. Megadeth - Rust in Peace
3. Metallica - Ride the Lightning
4. Metallica - Master of Puppets
5. Slayer - Hell Awaits
6. Vektor - Black Planet
7. Metallica - Kill Em All
8. Slayer - Show No Mercy
9. Coroner - No More Color
10. Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
11. Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
12. Artillery - By Inheritance
13. Sodom - Persecution Mania
14. Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
15. Holy Terror - Mind Wars
16. Testament - The New Order
17. Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
18. Testament - The Legacy
19. Exodus - Bonded By Blood
20. Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare

There's a lot of thrash I haven't explored so about half of these records were new to me and with the exception of Coroner and Vektor I don't feel like I heard anything special (at least those two records were in fact quite excellent). If innocuous records like those Dark Angel, Testament and Violence records are really some of the best cuts that thrash metal has to offer, then that's a sad state of affairs.
Dark Angel? You said that about Dark Angel. You can eat my poo. We are not friends

Status
Not open for further replies.