GMD Votes: Top 10 Traditional/Doom albums

Glad a doom album won even if pagan altar is vastly superior. Other than fw, those traditional albums are overrated.

Disapointing list. Beyond the offense of no Maiden or Dio on the list, Candlemass is too high, Mercyful Fate is too high, and Sabbath is too low. I already expressed my views on Trouble and Satan.

Great list imo, much better than the plebian thrash list and while I've forgotten the contents of the black metal list, I'm sure this one is its superior as well.

Disapointing list. Beyond the offense of no Maiden or Dio on the list, Candlemass is too high, Mercyful Fate is too high, and Sabbath is too low. I already expressed my views on Trouble and Satan.

The best of Dio and Maiden don't even come close to DBTO let alone Melissa (that not top 10ing is the only major disappointment I have with this) and I don't mean this as "Dio and Maiden are bad" they're clearly great just first two Mercyful Fate albums are that good

I'd still take Maiden on the whole, but the first two Mercyful Fate albums have much more ambitious songwriting than anything Maiden has done, and were created pretty much independently of Maiden as well afaik. The only reason to consider preferring one to the other as laughable is if you have shit taste and judge albums primarily based on vocals.