GMD Votes: Top 10 OSDM albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, i don't think anyone here was talking about the band.

I need to stop posting when drunk...I thought he meant the band..........

Damn, my bad. I thought you were referring to the album ... which i know you do not like at all, that's if im not mistaking you for someone else.

I need to stop posting when drunk

No, you don't! :p

Do you think it's the sixth most objectively significant, culturally important, artistically relevant, and intellectually masturbatable death metal album? If not, his list is wrong.

Not everything on my list is based on it's importance. Some albums I put on my list were because I like the album, while other albums were on there because I like them AND they had great significance.

This shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Dude. What the fuck is going on? You fucks are killing the simple fun of unnecessary metal lists. Fuck sticks. Shut up, present your favorite fucking metal albums in list form, and stop bickering like pansie ass high school faggots. God damn it, this idea was so simple and fun and you've managed to suck it dry and tear it down to a broken pile if smoldering feces. Ozz should personally start handing out slaps instead of fun threads. I want to slap people here right now.

JUST FUCKING ENJOY METAL AND METAL LISTS YOU FUCKING FUCKS

Yeah, but I'm standing up and bowing out of the nitpicking in this one. I love discussions and all that but let's just have fun with it once. Just try it, fellas. Sometimes debate and nitpicking and and constant deep conversation about the same shit is not fun. We don't all have to aggressively attack every opposing thought and ruin the fun EVERYTIME. It's losing its appeal, for me. Plus half of our discussions lately aren't discussions. Its just been, nah you suck at metal bruh, nuh uh you do. Nuh uh, Altars is great. Nuh uh. Its ghey. Then we all end up loving each other and agreeing that metal is good. Let's skip the middle and just do that last bit.

Actually, its fine. The next listy vote I will ignore all but the OP and the following posts by Ozz describing the terms of the second round. I am not falling into your evil trickery, guys. No, I will post and exit, just like I do with filthy whooores

Nitpicking is fun. If it wasn't for being a pedantic, argumentative prick on internet forums, I would have literally no social interactions with people whatsoever. Why do you want to take that from me?

I don't have qualms with the thread. I have qualms with the idea that this is supposed to be an objective arrangement of The Greatest Death Metal Albums™ and not a bunch of people submitting their personal favorites.

You have to be the most bleeding heart nancy I've ever seen on this board. Of course a poll based around music taste isn't objective. Are you honestly that worried about your opinion changing just because the majority holds certain albums in higher regard than you?

FUCKING STOP! I am going to start deleting posts if none of you fucks cease and fucking desist.

Vote or don't vote. You can comment on people's choices and even question them but this shit NEEDS to stop. Stop instigating.

Six of mine made it. I need to check out the other three
albums I haven't listened to.

1. Autopsy - Mental Funeral
2. Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
3. Demilich - Nespithe
4. Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
5. Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
6. Immolation - Dawn of Possession
7. Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness

**Revised after having listened to the other albums**

1. Autopsy - Mental Funeral
2. Demigod – Slumber of Sullen Eyes
3. Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
4. Demilich - Nespithe
5. Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
6. Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
7. Immolation - Dawn of Possession
8. Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
9. Incantation - Mortal Throne of Nazarene
10. The Chasm – Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph

New list. Listening to Slumber again right now and there's no way i can rank it above Onward to Golgotha, even if i don't want to give points to two Incan albums. :bah:

1 - Altars of Madness
2 - Consuming Impulse
3 - Effigy of The Forgotten
4 - Dawn of Possession
5 - Mental Funeral
6 - Mortal Throne of Nazarene
7 - Onward to Golgotha
8 - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
9 - Nespithe
10- Deathcult for Eternity

When exactly are you wrapping it up Ozz?

1. Demigod – Slumber of Sullen Eyes
2. The Chasm – Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
3. Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
4. Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
5. Immolation - Dawn of Possession
6. Autopsy - Mental Funeral
7. Incantation - Mortal Throne of Nazarene
8. Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
9. Demilich - Nespithe
10. Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten

Personal taste and all that. I really like this Demigod album. I think Altars of Madness best defines what I consider OSDM though. Most of these albums are pretty new to me so I probably shouldn't vote, but whatever.

This much whining in the death metal thread....man, the black metal thread will be epic.

Actually, I think BM has naturally evolved definitionally compared to DM as it tends to blend with other genres better. There is less "this is black metal" and "this isn't" The lists will probably be more varied and open.

Status
Not open for further replies.