Favorite death metal bands?

What the hell does everyone see in this Demilich band? Am I checking out the same band you all are in love with? I downloaded the album Nespithe and it just sounds like low budget burp metal to me. :erk:

Funeral Portrait said:
What the hell does everyone see in this Demilich band? Am I checking out the same band you all are in love with? I downloaded the album Nespithe and it just sounds like low budget burp metal to me. :erk:
Exactly. The vocals are so bad I just can't get past them.

Guardian of Darkness said:
The vocals are no less accessible than any other death vocals as far as I'm concerned.
Not true. Have you HEARD the vocals? He doesn't death growl, scream, or even grunt...he burps. Burping isn't something I want to hear when I listen to music.

I did however listen to a bit more of the album and other than being poor recording quality the music itself is pretty good.

:ill:

burp-war.gif

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Arghoslent is melodic death metal (there is a large differen between melo-death and melodic death metal. The most obvious difference being that 99% of melo-death bands have an incredible power metal influence in their sound and very little "death" left in them, and that melodic death is just typical DM injected with a great deal of melody. Arghoslent are melodic death metal because (while I can't disagree that I see a slight power metal influence) they are straight death metal with a bit of neo-classical and NWOBHM influence.

Oh, and you reminded me. Nocturnus. :headbang:

I realize the difference between melo-death and Death w/ melody (or Melodic Death, whatever you wish to call it) but Arghoslent are not the later, based on Incorrigible Bigotry. The focus is clearly on the NWOBHM-esque melodic leads, not the rhythm guitars as in death metal. The drums are rather simple(relative to death metal) as well and could be compared to early In Flames. Also the vocalist of Arghoslent sounds very reminiscent of Anders Friden's work on The Jester Race, a medium growl rather than the gutteral growls featured in death metal.

Listen to it again, because apparantly you were accidently listening to Soilwork again.

Dodens Grav said:
Listen to it again, because apparantly you were accidently listening to Soilwork again.

Bravo :worship:

I also love the fact that you used the words "listen" and "again" twice in one sentence.

I would have to say......

Children of bodom
Goat Lord
In Flames
Merciful Fate
Cannible Corpse
Cradle of filth
even a little opeth!

Ahh fuck theres heaps!

All hail metal!!!

Peace my DEATH metal brothers!!

The GOod Doctor

J Mann said:
Bravo :worship:

I also love the fact that you used the words "listen" and "again" twice in one sentence.
What, didn't you know that was possible?

Quit it guys or I'll lock the topic. Also, anyone who flames Dr Extreem or points out that he's a troll will have their post deleted, seeing as I can't imagine reading that will be any more entertaining than watching a documentary about Nicholas Cage's feelings on the economy of Poland, or any more useful than somebody selling Morgan Freeman's nose as a contact lens.

EDIT: No more posts debating Opeth's genre either. This is a forum for humans, not parrots.