Death Metal

combustion07

Weed and Metal baby!
Jul 9, 2007
Your house
Just a thread to discuss any type of death metal you want. Brutal, melodic,old school etc...

Right now I'm liking
Deicide
Nile
Aborted
Death
Deprision
Cannibal Corpse
Amon Amarth
Cryptopsy
Deathmarch
Morbid Angel
Carnage
Cattle Decapitation

About the only death metal that does anything for me is Death, Obituary, and Cryptopsy, along with some of the early-mid 90s progressive death bands like Atheist and Cynic.

My most recent death metal purchases were Goretrade - Ritual of Flesh and Infernal Revulsion - Devastate Under Hallucination. Both are very heavy brutal death albums that bring the brutality, but also throw in dynamics to keep things interesting. Goretrade uses some good more tradition DM riffs while Infernal Revulsion adds some nice shredding. (Another thing that endeared Infernal Revulsion to me was the use of Full Metal Jacket samples, especially: "I am in a world of shit".) Both albums recommended to any fan of brutal death.

Amorphis (first 2 albums)
At The Gates (first 2 albums)
Carcass
Cryptopsy
Dark Tranquillity
Death
Dismember
Entombed (Clandestine)
Gorguts
Hypocrisy (first 2)
Kataklysm
Lykathea Aflame
Martyr
Mithras (BTSLM)
Neuraxis
Wetwork

The list goes on..

Altars of Madness is a classic.

I find myself listening to Domination the most out of their discography. For some reason, I can tolerate David Vincent's low growls more so than his early thrashy scream.

I would have to say Death, Gorguts, and Obituary take the cake for my favorite death metal bands. Some secondary choices would be Vader, Suffocation, Immolation, and Dissection.

Current Death metal albums I've been listening to:
Asphyx - The Rack
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Dismember - Like an Everflowing Stream
Death - Scream Bloody Gore, Human
Demilch - Nespithe
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Obituary - Cause of Death, Slowly We Rot
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick
In Flames - Whoracle
Possessed - Seven Churches
Akercocke - Antichrist(Death metal album of the year)
Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines

I find myself listening to Domination the most out of their discography. For some reason, I can tolerate David Vincent's low growls more so than his early thrashy scream.

I would have to say Death, Gorguts, and Obituary take the cake for my favorite death metal bands. Some secondary choices would be Vader, Suffocation, Immolation, and Dissection.

Cant go wrong with Domination. When I bought that tape back in 95 I dug domination and where the slime live, still do.

I haven't bought much death metal in recent months, but I did pick up the new Behemoth the other day. I plan on listening to it today, with high expectations.

I never hear anyone talk about Cenotaph from mexico, pretty much all there albums are master pieces of melody and brutality. They get tagged as melodic death metal but there way more brutal than there peers.