Death Metal

Oh and wormed get my vote for the most insane death metal band out there, anybody know anything on the same level or more intense?

I find myself listening to Domination the most out of their discography. For some reason, I can tolerate David Vincent's low growls more so than his early thrashy scream.

I would have to say Death, Gorguts, and Obituary take the cake for my favorite death metal bands. Some secondary choices would be Vader, Suffocation, Immolation, and Dissection.
Me too, Vincent's low growls are some of the best vocals in death metal. I prefer regular American Death Metal, Floridian, some Technical, some New York, some Brutal Death.
Deicide
Morbid Angel
Cannibal Corpse(particularly early Cannibal Corpse)
Nile
Six Feet Under
Dying Fetus
Mortician
some Suffocation(particularly Effigy of The Forgotten)
Cryptopsy(I'm getting into them)
Hate Eternal
God Dethroned(since they're blackened death)

Amorphis(old). I do like some newer Amorphis it just does not apply to this.
Bloodbath
Gorguts(mainly old and considered dead)
Morgoth
Sentenced(old)
Asphyx
Demigod
Carnage
Entombed
Pestilence
Morbid Angel
Necrophobic
Unleashed
Autopsy
Grave

,etc...

Mah Death (Including various types):

Brutal/Technical Death Metal:

Aborted
Beneath The Massacre
Cryptopsy
Gorguts
Necrophagist

Straight Up Death

At The Gates (Gardens Of Grief)
Autopsy
Behemoth
Bloodbath
Bolt Thrower
Carcass
Cattle Decapitation
Celtic Frost (Morbid Tales - To Mega Therion)
Death
Decapitated
Dismember
Entombed
Fear Factory
Kataklysm
Laethora
Morbid Angel
Pungent Stench
Shadows Fall (Somber Eyes To The Sky)
Strapping Young Lad
Suffocation
Pungent Stench
Vader

Deathcore:

Despised Icon
Heaven Shall Burn (?)

Doom/Death:

dISEMBOWELMENT
My Dying Bride

Melodeath:

Amon Amarth
Arsis
At The Gates (Post Gardens)
The Black Dahlia Murder
Dark Tranquillity
Darkest Hour (Can be considered metalcore as well)
Dimension Zero
Hypocrisy
In Flames (Until Clayman)
Nightrage
Scar Symmetry
This Ending

Progressive Death:

Into Eternity

My personal favourite death metal band is Immolation by a large margin. I was just listening to Here in after and holy shit the riffs are so dark and twisted I dont think any death metal band has better riffing than them. Other bands that come close to immolation would be:

Incantation
Nihilist/Entombed
Unleashed
Krisiun
Gorguts
Cryptopsy
Suffocation
Belphegor

+ a bunch others

I haven't bought much death metal in recent months, but I did pick up the new Behemoth the other day. I plan on listening to it today, with high expectations.

You won't be disappointed,with Behemoth I never do get disappointed.Check out Inner Sanctum,At the Left Hand Ov God,Arcana Hereticae(that song has one of the most brutal opening riffs I have ever heard) among others.Well the new one is not as good as Demigod but not bad by any means.Nergal's vocals & Inferno's drumming just gets better & better.
But I still hope one day behemoth will return to their black metal roots.The riffs from "moonspell rites" still haunt me.

I've stated this before but I am very 'specific' about death metal I listen to. Panzerchrist, Akercocke, Belphegor, Nile, some Behemoth I enjoy. Also some stuff from Skinless, Drawn and Quartered and some other bands. Panzerchrist's last couple albums is the best example of what I look for in a death metal band.

I don't care for anything that is overly technical, or brutal death metal like Deeds of Flesh style. I don't find much depth in the genre so for me the music has to be heavy, in your face, and energetic for me to want to listen to it. I find the vast majority of death metal to be boring, and production values are often an issue with me.