Death Metal

never heard of beneath the sky but ill check it out.

i guess i will list my least favorite DM bands now.
beneath the massacre
daath
man must die
torture killer
aaaaagh! bloody two hnded chainsaw blow (do NOT check this band out. 5-6 albums in the last few years and it is ALL shit)
quo vadis
fuck... im dead
gory blister
those are the main ones. and please i beg you, do not submit yourself to listening to aaaaagh! bloody two handed chainsaw blow. thier mp3s should be burned.

never heard of beneath the sky but ill check it out.

i guess i will list my least favorite DM bands now.
beneath the massacre
daath
man must die
torture killer
aaaaagh! bloody two hnded chainsaw blow (do NOT check this band out. 5-6 albums in the last few years and it is ALL shit)
quo vadis
fuck... im dead
gory blister
those are the main ones. and please i beg you, do not submit yourself to listening to aaaaagh! bloody two handed chainsaw blow. thier mp3s should be burned.
Beneath the Sky is the only deathcore band I like.I just went to music.download.com and downloaded some unsigned death metal bands, alot of it is actually good.

[then awesome!
i always call possessed thrash, but arent they really death/thrash? because i recently heard 7 churches and it kills! i was shocked to see that they had a song apparently covered by vader, and one covered by CC. thats how you know your good.

I'm listening to Vader's album Litany, alot these days. Also been loving alot of the old Hypocrisy stuff. Usually listen to the more melodic variety of death metal, my favourite melodeath band being Insomnium. :D

Guitarist of Possessed is now in Primus. Haha, just thought I'd mention that, I was pretty shocked when I discovered that.

I just bought the Human Mastication/Flesh Disgorged split which features two brutal death bands from Asia (Philippines and Singapore respectively). Human Mastication is typical guttural slam death, which suits me just fine. Flesh Disgorged is a little more unique, featuring two dedicated vocalists (a ree-er and a gurgler). The riffs feature some good old fashioned slam, but also some innovative and unique riffs. There is also one point where they used gang chants, which actually work. There is a definitely a sense of energy here.

So if you like slam death and/or you want to expand your collection to new borders, this is a very good split. One straightlaced band that play the style well, and one band that is a little more innovative.