Death Metal

Someone mentioned Wormed and I'd like to say that they're pretty interesting. However, occasionally they throw in total slam riffs which kill what they're doing for me. Considering the rest of the music and the intellectual concept, hearing a random mosh riff just seems like it's off the wrong album. If they removed this element from their music, I would like it a lot more.

Demiurge said:
Someone mentioned Wormed and I'd like to say that they're pretty interesting. However, occasionally they throw in total slam riffs which kill what they're doing for me. Considering the rest of the music and the intellectual concept, hearing a random mosh riff just seems like it's off the wrong album. If they removed this element from their music, I would like it a lot more.

I dislike their guitar tone slightly as well. They have an extremely interesting and unique (not to mention well thought out and executed within the lyrics) concept about them and an air of otherworldiness not unlike Demilich. However, they should concentrate on being a bit more weird in the guitar tone, I agree. Some of the riffs are fucking killer, but the slams have been done. I also think they need to add atmospheric keyboards at times in a Nocturnus-like (read: unpretentious/non-wankery) way.

Two really awesome death metal bands worth checking out...

Morpheus Descends
Acerbus (these guys are as brutal as you're gonna get)

Can't be bothered to read through all the recommendations as I don't have much time here in the University library, so my apologies...

Blood Red Throne - if you don't get anything by them I'll shove a pineapple up your ass :) lol
Psycroptic
Neuraxis
Squash Bowels
Vomit Remnants
Nile
Vital Remains
Decapitated
Amoral
Prejudice
Anata
Cattle Decapitation
Cryptopsy