Best/Your favorite technical death metal album

Txsxhx

Dead or Dreaming?
Oct 16, 2007
I have been getting more into technical death metal lately.

In your opinion, what is the the best or your favorite technical death album ever?

Gory Blister - Skymorphosis

Great choice.

The technical death metal album I tend to enjoy most is probably something cliche like Lykathea Aflame's "Elvenefris" or Gorgut's "Obscura". My other favorites of the genre include Gorod's "Leading Vision", Odious Mortem's "Cryptic Implosions", Blotted Science's "The Machinations Of Dementia", and Augury's "Concealed".

Technical death metal is one of my favorite sub genres, but I never take the time to get into multiple bands like I do with other sub genres of metal, I don't know why.

I'd probably have to pick a real cliche' like Cryptopsy's None So Vile. At first I liked Once Was Not more but None So Vile has grown on me.

I don't really consider them to be "technical," they're mainly standard death metal. I like them but don't listen to them often/at all.

Get Gory Blister. Excellent band (with an unfortunately gay name). They cover "1000 Eyes" (Death, of course) on the album I mentioned in this thread, and it's perfect.

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence

You're a good person. I like you.

Mine would be a toss up between Atheist - Unquestionable Presence, Gorguts - Obscura, and Demilich - Nespithe.

Some runners up for me would probably be Martyr's early stuff. Also, early stuff by Atrocity was great as well.