Best/Your favorite technical death metal album

If you disagree that that is a technical death album, you give up any intelligence you could have had prior to admitting that tbh

If anything, you have to admit that it was at least proto-technical death metal.

One thorough listen of Claws of Laughter Dead alone should be enough to convince anyone.

The album cover... that is supposed to a hand grasping a red light, right? It would go along with the title of course, and I can't view it as anything else.

If you disagree that that is a technical death album, you give up any intelligence you could have had prior to admitting that tbh

If anything, you have to admit that it was at least proto-technical death metal.

Pretty much, I mean aside from bands like Atheist and Cynic that album was about as technical as Death metal got at that time.

Indeed, and that was kind of the point I was making. If anything it was the most defiantly/obstinately technical death metal album in Sweden.

Soulside Journey by far. That's also probably my favorite death metal album ever, period.

661.jpg

Death - Individual Thought Patterns :worship:
Necrophagist - Onset of Putrefaction
Atheist - Elements
Gorod - Leading Vision :kickass:
Anata - Under a Stone with no Inscription :kickass:
Cynic - Focus
Psycroptic - Symbols of Failure

Thanks to UM's Recommendations Forum and tips from some of you guys, I found a bunch of amazing Tech Death Metal bands, and bought a few cds. I couldn't find, though, anything by some bands like Brain Drill, Gory Blister, Pestilence or Spawn of Posession. I'll probably import some of their stuff.

Right now, tech death is my favourite sub-genre or whatever it's called.

Interesting to read about "Elements". People who don't like it tend to point the jazzy parts - that's just what makes it so special, and different; A real piece of art IMO.

Beneath The Massacre - Mechanics of Dysfunction

IMO it's one of the best technical death metal albums ever made. Amazing stuff from quebec ;)

Interesting to read about "Elements". People who don't like it tend to point the jazzy parts - that's just what makes it so special, and different; A real piece of art IMO.

It's more the lack of Steve Flynn coupled with the lack of good production that turns me off. I can't help but compare it to the brilliance of Unquestionable Presence.

It's more the lack of Steve Flynn coupled with the lack of good production that turns me off. I can't help but compare it to the brilliance of Unquestionable Presence.

The "Elements" production doesn't bother me, TBH.

My copy was released through Relapse, and it comes with a fine booklet with the album's history and comments of Kelly Shaefer on its creation and recording process.

Best part is, it comes with a Live Radio Performance from 1992 with some five or six songs out of "Unquestionable Presence". They all sound amazing, I must say.

I'm definitely getting a copy.