Best/Your favorite technical death metal album

Centinex - Decadence: Prophecies Of Cosmic Chaos,World Declension. I still need to hear Diabolical Desolation.

Piece of Time is their best imo. Unquestionable Presence was good but I can only take so much of the jazzy stuff.

I too was pleasantly surprised

the cover is way cooler than the band name, though, so I had a little forewarning ; )

Skymorphosis is brilliant. Came as a suprise when I listened to it, because the name of the band and album suggested it would be utter crap.

My experience was very similar.

I've decided to keep the judging of bands by name to a minimum from now on upon hearing Hacksaw To The Throat's "Wastelands" album. I really wish bands with good music wouldn't name themselves something that gives the impression of "meh" before you even hear them.

I too was pleasantly surprised

the cover is way cooler than the band name, though, so I had a little forewarning ; )

Indeed, they have a REALLY cool aesthetic on that disc...fantastic graphic work on the cover and layout, I was very impressed with the whole package. Mascot Records always does good stuff for artists involved, such as Demiurg, etc. also! GB have a kind of new line-up now, but I bet it'll be just as good...I think the new vocalist will sound like the others anyway. And yeah, they had a different guy do vocals on Art Bleeds and Skymorphosis, even though he sounds pretty similar. So it's probably reasonable to assume they are sticking with a guy who can do the same raspy yet high-pitched growl with some lower intonations.

DEATH METAL IS A FORM OF ART!, as they say...

Unquestionable Presence has aged much better than Focus.

Absolutely. I can not even fucking listen to Focus anymore. It's not bad, I just bore with it easily. I have a feeling their new album might even be better. Hopefully.

Atheist's "Elements" was a great album. It's not any worse than "UP", just different.

Piece of Time is their best imo. Unquestionable Presence was good but I can only take so much of the jazzy stuff.
That's the best thing about UP, in my opinion.It's just so unpredictable and twisted and after years of listening to this album, I still find new nuances in it. Piece of Time has a more typical thrashy sound and it's slightly underdeveloped compared to UP, though also a very good record
I've been getting more into jazzy stuff outside of metal, maybe that's why I feel this way.

Atheist's "Elements" was a great album. It's not any worse than "UP", just different.

Unquestionable Presence is a better album than Elements in many ways. Elements suffers from lack of direction, lack of good production, and lack of Steve Flynn. It's got some good moments, but Unquestionable Presence is a much more accomplished piece of work.

That's your personal opinion, y' know. I love the jazzier direction they took on Elements. I really can't pick a favorite between the two, but as far as production goes I think Elements has better or "prettier" production. I never could get into "Piece of Time" quite as much, but it's still pretty damn good.

That's your personal opinion, y' know.

oh noes itz a opinionn.

I love the jazzier direction they took on Elements. I really can't pick a favorite between the two, but as far as production goes I think Elements has better or "prettier" production. I never could get into "Piece of Time" quite as much, but it's still pretty damn good.

What can I say. You're brimming over with wrong.