Best/Your favorite technical death metal album

That's easily their worst album. It's all funky and happy sounding.

i like it cuz the personal evolution of the musicians and the wish to show a different sound with technic is very cool.

to be honest, the album Elements is almost fusion, and i like this style so much, as bands like The Dixie Dregs and Uncle Moe's Space Ranch.

Gory Blister - Skymorphosis
Decrepit Birth - Diminishing Between Worlds
Psychotogen - The Calculus of Evil
Neglected Fields - Mephisto Lettonica, Splenetic
Virulence - A Conflict Scenario (don't see too many people mentioning this one)
Psycroptic - Symbols of Failure
Insidious Decrepancy - Decadent Orgy of Atrocious Suffering
Disavowed - Stagnated Existence
Sickening Horror - When Landscapes Bled Backwards
Atheretic - Apocalyptic Nature Fury

Virulence is decent but nowhere near best material, imho. It can sometimes be kind of grindy/core-y in composition, and the vocals are very one-dimensional.

Neglected Fields have a few great SONGS, but I don't really think any of their albums are too hot on the whole (lack development and cohesion)...but the songs that rule just absolutely rule.

Not even close to the best Psycroptic album. New vocalist fucked it up for me...Chalky is the man. :(

Insidious Decrepancy isn't "technical DM" (though they are "technical" but pretty much all death metal post-1996/Cryptopsy's NSV is technical to SOME extent).

Lykathea Aflame - Elvenfris. Not sure if that counts as techdeath, if it doesn't I'll go with Atheist - Unquestionable Presence.

Does IDP really count?
In that case...

The only tech death I own is Death - SoP and IDP and Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines.

SoP is my favorite.

Technical death metal relies mainly on rhythmic and time signature changes, slithery, complicated riffs and abstract songwriting.

Progressive death metal is defined by its use of "progressive" instrumentation which can include cleaner sections, songwriting sections including lots of instrumental interplay, complex drumming which isn't exactly obstinately "technical" but still complex...etc.

I admit there is a good deal of crossover, but it is usually apparent for anyone versed in either style.

For a good progressive death rec to see the difference, I'd check out Symbyosis - On The Wings Of Phoenix, one of the best examples of the modern progressive death sound.

Technical death metal relies mainly on rhythmic and time signature changes, slithery, complicated riffs and abstract songwriting.

Progressive death metal is defined by its use of "progressive" instrumentation which can include cleaner sections, songwriting sections including lots of instrumental interplay, complex drumming which isn't exactly obstinately "technical" but still complex...etc.

I admit there is a good deal of crossover, but it is usually apparent for anyone versed in either style.

For a good progressive death rec to see the difference, I'd check out Symbyosis - On The Wings Of Phoenix, one of the best examples of the modern progressive death sound.
Sorry, I didn't know. As I said, my knowledge of Death Metal is very restricted.

Always associated progressive death with bands like Opeth and Orphaned Land. W/e.

Death is not tech death, they're more progressive death for half of their career.
Oh...ok. Then the only tech death album I own is Nile (unless that counts as brutal death or progressive death).