Feel like recommending me lesser known, but awesome Death Metal bands?

Siksakubur - complex, compact indonesian brutal death with O_O drumming.
Hell yeah man!! are you from Indonesia? they are great!!

Panic Disorder is another great band from Indonesia. they're Grindcore actually

hey, check Psycroptic. they're Australian technical brutal death.

Naggamanteh said:
I
I agree, the drummer is fast like hell but somehow they need to take a lesson from Cryptopsy on how to play their guitars and how to sound at least remotely brutal... It is a shame, because I think they are a very talented band. At least the drummer is. :) I wonder what their next album will sound like, I am hearing they changed their name AGAIN and they are introducing a female vocalist. Hmm.

Anyways, my main recommendations came on _top_ of the list. :) Sell your soul to brutal death! You will be amazed how good it is!

Everyone and their mother knows Cryptopsy. And I'm the only person I know who thinks Mike DiSalvo was better than Lord Worm and thinks "Whisper Supremacy" is their best album.

I've got Dark Order, total Morbid Angel worship, but still pretty good. I'll check out Forest of Impaled. TheMetalCrypt gave them a good review, so they should be worth the hassle of hunting down some mp3's or an album.

And by the way BloodStainedWalls, Funeral Mist are Black Metal.

Lord Worm isn't exactly the best vocalist lol, it just sounds like random grunts. The musicianship in Cryptopsy slays though.

some bands to try out are...

Aeon666
Deranged
Die Apoklypticien Reiter(hrmm..they sound like black metal... :Spin: )

SculptedCold said:
Blood Stained Walls has awesome taste.

I'll add to his list;

Siksakubur - complex, compact indonesian brutal death with O_O drumming.

Nefas - imagine Immolation with the speed of Krisiun, but far more technical.

Fleshtized - vaguely Morbid Angel-esque DM but with better grooves and some killer quake riffing.

Nephasth - up and coming brazilian death metal....one of the few DM there bands who don't blatantly copy (cough*rebaelliun*cough) Krisiun. Fast but intricate.

Debodified - Extremely dense and heavy yet catchy, chugging but with loads of time changes....and another O_O drummer.

Sepsism - more chuggy deathgrind, and again, catchy, but with a sort of primal atmosphere. must be all the floor tom usage.

and I second Neuraxis, Psycroptic, Vile, Vomitory, Necrophagist. goodness.
Thanks man. :)

Siksakbur & Debodified! \m/ I just got Debodified - Utopia In The Eyes of a Beat a few weeks ago. Im gonna have to check out the rest of your reccomendations. Sweetness.

I also have to agree with Forest of Impaled, Aeon, and Sarcafogus.

Also, if you like a mix of black and brutal death, you MUST check out Sirius - Spectral Transition. It rules.

BloodStainedWalls said:
Also, if you like a mix of black and brutal death, you MUST check out Sirius - Spectral Transition. It rules.

Hell Yeah!! I was recommended this when i was after bands like Myrkskog and Zyklon a while back. I heard they turned into a Kovenant clone after Spectral Transition :erk:.

Trench, I'm diggin' this Asphyx. It fuckin' rules! :kickass:

[X] said:
Hell yeah man!! are you from Indonesia? they are great!!

Panic Disorder is another great band from Indonesia. they're Grindcore actually

hey, check Psycroptic. they're Australian technical brutal death.
Heh, no, but just another band I heard when I went sound shopping.

Yes, Psycroptic are an excellent band. Crazy and evolving complexity kinda like Dying Fetus....but with one of THE best vocalists in metal today. Scepter of the Ancients is one of the best albums this year.

I cannot recommend UNMOORED highly enough ... fucking brilliant and supper catchy!!!

SculptedCold said:
Yes, Psycroptic are an excellent band. Crazy and evolving complexity kinda like Dying Fetus....but with one of THE best vocalists in metal today. Scepter of the Ancients is one of the best albums this year.

:guh: Psycroptic are miles better than Dying Fetus, IMO. DF are an awful, awful band! Matthew Chalk is an quality vocalist and is definitely has an original take on spewing forth his lyrics.

Again, Trench i'm diggin' the Eternal Gray! This is killer! :heh:

And what Sarcophagus album should i check out?

Death (A must for any death metal fan)
Exhumed
Cryptopsy
Carcass
Cannibal Corpse
Bolt Thrower
Vital Remains
Vomitory
Necrophagist

I'm sure you already have most of those...

I love Dying Fetus........it always amazes me how Dying Fetus are either loved or hated, because I honest to goodness cannot understand how or why any death metal fan would hate them so much! Its really weird dude! I mean, to me, the structures are interesting, the riffs are awesome, the odd breakdowns are cool, the drumming is godly, the vocals are decent (to me, mad DM fan) and the lyrics have topical direction and conviction. I can understand why a DM fan might not find them anything special, but i'm completely mystified as to why some DM fans hate them! I just don't understand it, hehe.

As for Psycroptic.....hmmm....I think Psycroptic are the better band, but preferentially I pretty much like them both the same.

Is Psycroptic an 'interesting' band?

Surely.

But the vocalist? Honestly, if I had to pick a weak point, he would be it.

Allow me to add the follow bands onto the recommendations:

ABUSE- "Like a Virgin"
BENEDICTION- "Organized Chaos"
DESECRATION- "Gore and Perversion"
IMPERIOUS - "In Splendour"
MASSACRA- "Final Holocaust"
SICKENING GORE- "Destructive Reality"

... and for the record, I fucking love Dying Fetus.

... and if you get any of the above albums, make it Benediction... or Desecration... <_< ... or Imperious.

Disavowed
Pyaemia
Diegorge
Devourment
Kronos*
Depraved
Carve
Entety
Retch
Reprobation
Beheaded
Paganizer
Gorelord
Aborted
Blood Vomit
Sons Of Chaos
Hypokras*
Internecine (jared Anderson's Side Project-excellent)
Beyond Fatal
Fleshtized
Engorged
Prophecy*
That Should Keep Ya Busy!

Sonicarnal Artist said:
Is Psycroptic an 'interesting' band?

Surely.

But the vocalist? Honestly, if I had to pick a weak point, he would be it.

Hmmm....so what exactly is wrong? Would it be better if he just did nothing but growl or belch, monotonously, like most other dm/grind vocalists?

Ageless said:
I don't think I've been using the UM forums for long enough to get it across that I'm a DM fanatic and I'm always after new and impressive Death Metal to listen to.

My personal favourite "school" of DM is Morbid Angel and all the MA worship bands, which basically includes most Polish DM bands. Quality solo's are what I look for as well but quite often fail to find, with a few exceptions.

So please suggest any Death Metal bands that you feel kick your ass every time you listen to them.

In Memorium
"From Misery....Comes Darkness"

Great local DM band. Nihilist on vocals(Wraithen, Abazagorath)
I listen to this almost daily!!