Recommend me dark death metal

Carcassian said:
and, I WILL keep saying Bolt Thrower - they're not occult dark, but their (legible) lyrics about the futility of war (check out "First Light" on new album "Those Once Loyal") are very dark and "heavy" in lyrical content.

I have to agree here. I only have "Those Once Loyal" but it is quite dark. It is midpaced and the vocals are delivered in a deep yet comprehendible fashion. It's really quite good.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Yes, a fact. It is a fact that bands genres are NOT determined by the lyrics they use. It is a fact that AA play the deriitive Gothenburg "Melo-death" style of music, which means they can not be Viking metal, which is reserved for bands like Einherjer and Equilibrium.

I wasn't supporting the idea of Amon Amarth being Viking Metal, I was calling you a fucking dork for calling it a fact that they weren't. That's like saying the color red is better than blue because it's a fact.

Anyway numbskull, does that mean you believe Christians can make black metal? Afterall, music genres are not determined by lyrics and thats a FACT.

No. One is subjective and one is objective. Objective lies in the realm of fact, whereas subjective lies in the realm of opinion. The two examples are, in fact, polar opposites of each other. So basically, you could not possibly be more wrong.

Funeral Portrait said:
I wasn't supporting the idea of Amon Amarth being Viking Metal, I was calling you a fucking dork for calling it a fact that they weren't. That's like saying the color red is better than blue because it's a fact.

Anyway numbskull, does that mean you believe Christians can make black metal? Afterall, music genres are not determined by lyrics and thats a FACT.
I do think that Christians can make black metal. Black metal is a musical sound, not a lyrical theme.

Christians can't make good music period. I don't care what anyone thinks.

Guitar playing style,sound,drum playing/technique's,vocals ect define a music style imo. Lyrics are just icing on the cake.

Christians regardless will not be able to play black metal,etc.. whatever in a right fashion because since they're 'christians' they will not be influenced or even heard some originators that define playing techique's,etc.. in whatever genre because the bands have different. Who are these so called christian black metal,death metal bands being infleunced by making them think they play a certain style.

Actually, you have to hear the band Horde before making that judgement. They are an amazing Christian black metal band, and obviously have heard to originators.

The Greys said:
Christians can't make good music period. I don't care what anyone thinks.

Guitar playing style,sound,drum playing/technique's,vocals ect define a music style imo. Lyrics are just icing on the cake.

Christians regardless will not be able to play black metal,etc.. whatever in a right fashion because since they're 'christians' they will not be influenced or even heard some originators that define playing techique's,etc.. in whatever genre because the bands have different. Who are these so called christian black metal,death metal bands being infleunced by making them think they play a certain style.

Don't be stupid. You like Saint Vitus, right? You just proved yourself wrong.

I never said that genres are defined by lyrics.
But viking metal is not determined by being blackish.
Otherwise some Bathory Viking albums would not be viking metal, but doomisch power metal or something.
A similiar case are bands like Ensiferum that are Power Metal with viking lyrics and black vocals.
Definitely Amon Amarth do not only have viking lyrics, but also that epic "viking-sound".
Death Metal is something else.

^ Exactly.
For example, Falkenbach's 'Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty' sounds barely even Metal...though it's still Viking Metal. Labeling is such a hard thing to do, and I'm still confused myself as to what Amon Amarth shold be called. I don't mind calling them Viking Metal though.

Amon Amarth do not, in the least, have any kind of epic "viking-sound" by any stretch of the imagination. Nor is Ensiferum Viking Metal. What the fuck.

Susperia said:
^ Exactly.
For example, Falkenbach's 'Ok Nefna Tysvar Ty' sounds barely even Metal...though it's still Viking Metal. Labeling is such a hard thing to do, and I'm still confused myself as to what Amon Amarth shold be called. I don't mind calling them Viking Metal though.

Amon Amarth is Melodic Death Metal.

There should be more clear criteria for when a band is considered viking metal. Like: each band member needs to have set fire to atleast 5 buildings and to have raped atleast 3 women. If a band has a member who has, on his own, pillaged an entire city then the whole band is instantly considered viking metal.

It also helps if one of the members owns a boat.

Heh, well don't the members of Amon Amarth wear Thors hammer's?

Oh yeah and raping women= Not a common Viking occurance. They tended to not mess with the women in such ways, they knew if they did it'd be suicide. ;)

The kings, on the other hand...

Susperia said:
Oh yeah and raping women

The raping of women has to be done.

The Eve of Destruction - Hellfire Flames
Raping the women the Sacrifice has to be Done
Metal to Metal - A Yearning for Blood
The Gallow is Ready the Traitor is Going to Die

Let me add in this thread Amon Amarh are boring.

It's about the music, not the lyrics, mates. I mean, does mid era Bathory, Windir, etc., etc. sound like Amon Amarth to you?