black metal vs. death metal

a7r0phy

odin is my homeboy.
which do you like more, black metal or death metal?

i personally like death metal more, and only a few black metal bands like Naglfar, Old Man's Child, Marduk, Darkthrone. stuff like that.

black metal can be cool when it's atmospheric, though

I love it all, death, black, power, speed, thrash, etc. I can't choose between genres because it's the bands that I think kick ass or suck, not what style they play

Death metal is so much better. It is superior to black metal. I like many death metal bands but very few black metal ones.

I like death metal more because it has crushing riffs with lots of palm muting, which is something most black metal lacks. Death metal is also usually more technical. I also like black metal though. Immortal is awesome. Darkthrone (except for Transylvanian Hunger), Emperor, Satyricon, Mayhem, Abigor, Dimmu Borgir, Burzum, etc. are pretty good too.

Impossible question. There's good death metal bands, and bad death metal bands. The same goes with black. I don't like generic metal, I like it to be interesting and original. I judge each band individually - I don't like any one particular genre, because they all include bands that I don't like.

It all depends on my mood really. One day i can be in a mood for death metal and wont want to hear any black metal and also it can be vice versa. I agree with what guardian of darkness said as well

I think Death Metal is a lot better because there is a huge and diverse variety of Death Metal styles, where most black metal I've heard sounded very much the same and it just bores me.... there are a couple exceptions, I think Dimmu Borgir is very good and creative (funny how all the tr00 black metal fans are now starting to hate them, I think they are the best BM band)....