Recommend me dark death metal

Susperia said:
Alright... If you're willing to die, then go ahead.

And I think Viking Metal is already a genre with a variety of different sounding bands.

How about instead of me raping you, you rape me so no one will die(i won't call the cops). Actually I'll always wanted to be raped & then have a big jawbreaker down my throat until my skin turns blue. Make sure your hair is pink while you defile my 18 year old body.

On Amon Amarth they sound like depressing melo-death. Amon Amarth sound like if vikings decide to quit rather than fight their enemy. These vikings walk back to their village in the cold as complete failure for their homelands. Amon Amarth would be like vikings fighting off girls with plastic light sabbers near a coffee shop

I like melodic & depressing music but I don't think it goes well with viking themes. I want something were I could actually imagine vikings, villages,etc..

The Greys said:
The raping of women has to be done.

The Eve of Destruction - Hellfire Flames
Raping the women the Sacrifice has to be Done
Metal to Metal - A Yearning for Blood
The Gallow is Ready the Traitor is Going to Die

Let me add in this thread Amon Amarh are boring.
your a mug punter my friend:yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:

I dont mind Amon Amarth, I like Fredrik's drumming
Ive always thought of them as melodeath/doom, but just because they sing about vikings doesnt mean that they are viking,

Atrocity - Longing for Death

It is dark in an overly morbid sense. The lyrics primarily deal with the certainty and inevitability of death, and the nihilistic concept of eternal nothingness. The music accentuates this. The riffs are neoclassical with a very eerie, forboding sound to them. There is also occasional orchestral instrumentation and choir vocals. For me, the choir vocals for some reason always conjure up images of cemetaries and crypts. The choir vocal chorus of The Sky Turned Red sends a chill down my spine. Longing for Death is easily the most eerie, most morbid CD I have ever heard. True DEATH metal in every sense.

The Greys said:
How about instead of me raping you, you rape me so no one will die(i won't call the cops). Actually I'll always wanted to be raped & then have a big jawbreaker down my throat until my skin turns blue. Make sure your hair is pink while you defile my 18 year old body.

On Amon Amarth they sound like depressing melo-death. Amon Amarth sound like if vikings decide to quit rather than fight their enemy. These vikings walk back to their village in the cold as complete failure for their homelands. Amon Amarth would be like vikings fighting off girls with plastic light sabbers near a coffee shop

I like melodic & depressing music but I don't think it goes well with viking themes. I want something were I could actually imagine vikings, villages,etc..

You just want me to defile your 18 year old body.

I am uncharacteristically hyper tonight.

The Greys said:
Christians can't make good music period. I don't care what anyone thinks.
Guitar playing style,sound,drum playing/technique's,vocals ect define a music style imo. Lyrics are just icing on the cake.

Christians regardless will not be able to play black metal,etc.. whatever in a right fashion because since they're 'christians' they will not be influenced or even heard some originators that define playing techique's,etc.. in whatever genre because the bands have different. Who are these so called christian black metal,death metal bands being infleunced by making them think they play a certain style.

a) Yes they can. Have you ever heard Trouble?

b) Christians can listen to the very self same music you do - they won't immolate upon hearing the same fucking awful one man Frenchman black metals you do.

Adramelech 'pychostasia' is a great dark death metal album. To bad both guitarists quit after because they're ace. great album

Favorite tracks

As The Gods Succumbed,Hereos In Godly Blaze,Psychostasia.

The Greys said:

no. re-read the lyrics to once sent from a golden hall (the album)

no, but it still proves the point. "sound like" infers that the theme of the album is depressive, when it is clearly not. "victorious march" should make it obvious enough.

way to read the comment literally.

What an album "sounds like" to someone is highly interpretive and isn't necessarily right or wrong.

that's awesome, but not what you were commenting on. BUT if you want to go down that path, only a complete boob of a band would write music completely incongruent with it's actual theme, unless they were intentionally aiming for some kind of contrast or irony. amon amarth were, as i said, clearly not, and are not boobs. what something sounds like is interpretive, yes, but that doesn't mean it can't be incorrectly interpreted.

I like Amon Amarth.:erk: But they are not at all dark, at least in terms of most other bands in the extreme metal genres. I still think that I hit the nail on the head with Atrocity - Longing For Death. IMO it is the darkest metal album there is. It is too morbid and creepy for me to listen to anytime close to bedtime.