Death Metal Regional Scenes

morguelord

Apr 8, 2009
I've been thinking a lot about the different sounds scenes have. What are some of your favorite DM scenes, some bands from there, and if it has a defining sound, what is it? For starters, I really like Demigod and Slugathor from the Finnish scene and Abominable Putridity and Katalepsy from Russia. Both those scenes are growing by leaps and bounds.

I love the Swedish, but I like the Finnish a lot more. Most people like one or the other more.

All good ones for sure. But which American ones? I can't count them all as one cuz they are so different. I can think of at least 4 off the top of my head. Which ones are you meaning?

Eh I go ahead and count it as one, not like the Swedish one didn't have some diversity as well. But specifically, whatever produced Morbid Angel, Incantation, Immolation, Autopsy, Deicide, Atheist, Death, etc. So a lot of New York and Florida in there for sure.

Immolation, Morbid Angel and Incantation do it for the US, even if most of the rest of the bands are too sterile and wanky in their technicality.

I know I'll take crap for it, but I love the California scene as of late. Flesh Consumed is pretty damn gnarly.
Netherlands
Sweden
Finland
U.S.

if I had to pick.
YES. The Netherlands are really producing some quality stuff lately.

Sorry to come across as ignorant but what bands form the Netherlands scene? I can't think of any off the top of my head :Spin:

I know I'll take crap for it, but I love the California scene as of late. Flesh Consumed is pretty damn gnarly.

Never heard Flesh Consumed. Possessed,Autopsy,Sadistic Intent. All I can think of for the Cali scene.

Always a sucker for old school swedish and american death metal scenes.

Never have been in love with Finnish death metal as most on this board.

Sorry to come across as ignorant but what bands form the Netherlands scene? I can't think of any off the top of my head :Spin:

Hail of Bullets
Sinister
Pestilence
Asphyx
Thanatos
Creepmime
Gorefest
Houwitser
Blastcorps
Sempiternal Deathreign

some of the better ones off the top of my head. there's plenty more though.