Denmark Metal Scene?

Draehl

Lurker
May 31, 2004
Atlanta 'burbs
Random curiosity here, but does Denmark have much of a metal scene and/or many good bands? With Germany, Sweden, and Norway all having rather thriving metal scenes one would think that Denmark would as well if only by proximity. Yet I don't think I really know of any Danish bands by name...

Some more awsome Danish bands that needs to be named:

Panzerchrist
Hatesphere
Mnemic
Pyramaze
Illdisposed
Nortt
Urkraft
Illnath
Volbeat
Koldborn
The Arcane Order
Archain
Saturnus
Autumn Leaves
Artillery

All I know is Nortt and Saturnus, and they're both pretty good so I guess Danish metal is worth looking further into. There was a Saturnus side project by the name of The Loveless which was also quite enjoyable from what I heard, a bit similar to Katatonia I think.

Wuthering Heights, today's best danish band

few years ago there was also Blazing Eternity, a fine band in the style of Agalloch and old In The Woods...

Hatesphere is the only Danish band i know of and they rock.

few years ago there was also Blazing Eternity, a fine band in the style of Agalloch and old In The Woods...
edit: first time hearing this band and by first listen they do have Agalloch moments. Sounds promising.

Invocator is/was very good technical thrash/death. I'm not too familiar with Beyond Twilight yet, but for newer progressive metal they seem quite solid.

The Arcane Order feat. Raunchy's vocalist and a more melo-death/modern thrash approach. Pretty excellent "modern metal".