Russian metal scene

WolfRaven

New Metal Member
Some words about Russian metal scene. There are too many well-known Swedish, German and Finnish metal bands, but no one Russian. (Maybe, the only exception is Izakaron, the narrow specialized sympho/black band.) The old Russian heavy metal bands, like Aria, Master, or Legion,
are splitting up, but there are none bands, which are meritorious to substitute them. Sure, there are many good beginner bands, but they prefer to play in underground for some reason or other. And what do you think about that problem?

hi wolf raven
i notice you come from the same city our bands guitarist :)

as we both are more old school metal, punk & rock i dont know so much about the metal scene you described, but i think this problem exists in almost all countries.

if you are a bit into punk you maybe heard of our guitarists old band, the parsites (parazhitnij).

I have just bought Satarial - "Heidenlarm"... It´s blackmetal influenced russian folk... It´s very cool, and the people in the band are very bizzare... Check ´em out! They are in fact pretty damn good...

Satarial are cool although they play rather boring black metal but with very interesting folk wind-instruments....
Mental Home is also a nice band :)