Russian Black Metal

ok so because Russian/Ukrainian Black Metal isn't as commercial as say Norweigan Black Metal your minds are closed to it even though there's a bigger scene.

If those are your attitudes then Pop Music is the music for you.

Guardian of Darkness said:
How about judging each band seperately instead of putting so much importance on their country of origin?
He said nothing about judging.
Astrofaes And Nokturnal Mortum is the best bands from Ukraine and Temnozor and Sunchariot is the best from Russia Imo.

Rotting Christ is a Greek band- Greek. And I rather like them.

Nokturnal Mortum is my favorite black metal band( non experimental). But with the Russian and Ukrainian passion for music- Im sure we will hear some very mature music.

germany and brasil bands are better... :p

I'm so tired of profanity and his obseesion with where the band come from...who cares where the bands are from the quality of the music is the only thing that's important....at least to me.

speed said:
Rotting Christ is a Greek band- Greek. And I rather like them.

Nokturnal Mortum is my favorite black metal band( non experimental). But with the Russian and Ukrainian passion for music- Im sure we will hear some very mature music.

oh..i always thought they were russian

Ben_t said:
germany and brasil bands are better... :p

I'm so tired of profanity and his obseesion with where the band come from...who cares where the bands are from the quality of the music is the only thing that's important....at least to me.
I also used to be obsessed with where bands are from. I still think it is cool to get into bands from countries with less prominent scenes, such as Ireland or Spain. I actually would be interested in hearing Russian black metal, as I've never heard any Russian black metal before, and it would be interesting to see how it compares to Norwegan, Swedish, or Polish black metal.

now i could be wrong here. but isnt black metal black metal? sure there are different atributes to different bands, but does region dictate playing style? all black metal bands are essentially influenced by the same few core bands.
~gR~

Forest Stream have some good stuff, but Tears of Mortal Solitude is a difficult listen because it drags meaninglessly in a lot of parts....especially towards the end. There is a lot of material on it that I like too though, they've got potential anyway.