Russian MTV

metu

Nov 21, 2002
MI, USA
Visit site
What's it like? I assume it's pop oriented and mostly young Russian hotties shakin' their asses between commercials for McDonalds and Coka-Cola. Do they show many American pop videos? What about other countries?

There's something like Headbangers Ball but more underground, eh? What are Russian metal videos like? Do you like any of the bands they play?

last time i saw russian mtv (in the summer) they showed a lot of h.i.m., nightwish, rammstein, and other 'heavier' bands. surpisingly what is considered "underground" in north america is fairly popular in russia. yet such a big band here, as opeth is virtually unknown.

What example can you give of a band which is considered underground in North America but is fairly popular in Russia? (former SSRs don't count :])

смотрите A1 товарищи
там рэп бывает, если кому интересно...

A1 in Russia is a newly represented music channel wich is broadcasting many different stuff from rap and rock to PAIN. But no any metal stuff can be seen there. Very pity, I wish they have even one our per week with something showing metal scene events, clips and others.