Banned By Mtv!

Lordlindsey

Metal Royalty
Oct 8, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
What the hell is going on?
BANNED!?!?!

Some artists can be dancing on a turd in a toilet bowl, but you can't even have a little Zombie action?!?

To the people at MTV.......
ZOMBIES ARE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS...THEY DO NOT EXIST!

Seems like they were just looking for a reason.
Did the Uranium special happen AFTER the Headbangers Ball premier?
If so, there's probably ruffled feathers, and some black listing going on.

I'm steamed, this is total BS.:hotjump:

If this actually is the new standard of television for the FCC. Please shoot me now. Are we returning to the days of the Brady Bunch type shows?

F*&$@ MTV.
I'm not even going to surf by them anymore.
Fuse from here on out.

Lordlindsey said:
What the hell is going on?
BANNED!?!?!

This is pretty fucking retarded. It's Cable for Christ's sake. And it's not like they would show it anytime other than Headbanger's Ball. How idiotic. :ill:

I hate all of these bastards in charge right now. I despise the FCC. I hate this idiocy. I love Scott's comment about TIpper Gore and the PMRC. I hated those assholes too, but these seem to be reorganized and worse. Like Blackie Lawless said on the WASP live in the raw album: "They can suck me, Eat me Raw"

Personally, I keep hearing a lot of people who think this will blow over. I am not convinced. This is being pushed too much to blow over.

Personally, I keep hearing a lot of people who think this will blow over. I am not convinced. This is being pushed too much to blow over.[/QUOTE]

This shit isnt going to blow over. Its going to get worse. We have a "president" who cant seperate church from state.

Who cares anyway? MTV wasn't going to play it either way. Sad, though. You can have any number of faux-sex acts, rampant drug use, and alcohol use portrayed which is alright. Yet comic-book, faux zombie action is deemed "offensive"?

Remind me to bash my skull against the nearest brick wall.........

This is without a doubt the stupidest shit I've heard in a long time. I know they wouldn't play the video hardly at all anyway but I'm sure it would have gotten played on Headbangers Ball for a few weeks if not for this gay fucking shit. What the fuck is the world comming to? I was in an unusually good mood today until I read this. Time to smoke a j and calm down.

anthrax could put out the tamest thing possible and they wouldn't play it. it isn't nor will it ever be cool to play anthrax. I have and will be huge anthrax fan but they seriously jinxed themselves the day of the joey departure. This is coming from someone who digs John bush as vocals. It is just the simple truth. They can try every gimmick known to mankind and they aren't going to gain some new huge fan base. they were smart to not go the nu rock angle although their more straightforward rock approach under john bush is considered nu rock by some fools. That wouldn't have even won them over with the nu rock kids as bands such as machine head or joey z from life of agony in his after LOA band tried that approach.

I just wish Anthrax would have kept the more thrash approach as seeing Exodus and Death Angel along with Testament later this year, have put out amazing new cds!!

Again this said, I loved we have come for you all. If they had been any other band other than Anthrax, the cd with proper label promotion would probably have done really well. Scott and Charlie don't make it any better with their rants about metal being dead. Oh lord, there is so much awesome metal in various genres such as prog,power, thrash, death,grind, or whatever one's tastes might lean towards but obviously Scott and Charlie are out of the loop. I knew that when Charlie acted like Dimmu Borgir was some sort of new band.

Truth hurts even from a long time fan...

Last night, ON MTV, I was watching Steve-o pierce his cheek, get pissed on (golden shower) by an Elephant, throw elephant shit at his competitor, lick some dude's elephantiasis foot, etc. etc.
But seeing a fake zombie's head fall off (in a clip that's about 1/10th of a second long), now that's going too far!
MTV showed Steve-o get pissed on, next to a pile of elephant shit, a couple times... in slow motion even!
But those clips Scott mentioned were less than a second long, and too offensive?

anthrax could put out the tamest thing possible and they wouldn't play it. it isn't nor will it ever be cool to play anthrax. I have and will be huge anthrax fan but they seriously jinxed themselves the day of the joey departure. This is coming from someone who digs John bush as vocals. It is just the simple truth. They can try every gimmick known to mankind and they aren't going to gain some new huge fan base. they were smart to not go the nu rock angle although their more straightforward rock approach under john bush is considered nu rock by some fools. That wouldn't have even won them over with the nu rock kids as bands such as machine head or joey z from life of agony in his after LOA band tried that approach.

I just wish Anthrax would have kept the more thrash approach as seeing Exodus and Death Angel along with Testament later this year, have put out amazing new cds!!

Again this said, I loved we have come for you all. If they had been any other band other than Anthrax, the cd with proper label promotion would probably have done really well. Scott and Charlie don't make it any better with their rants about metal being dead. Oh lord, there is so much awesome metal in various genres such as prog,power, thrash, death,grind, or whatever one's tastes might lean towards but obviously Scott and Charlie are out of the loop. I knew that when Charlie acted like Dimmu Borgir was some sort of new band.

Truth hurts even from a long time fan...

But was the original showing on Saturday unedited?

This is just as retarded as MTV2 not playing the new Exodus video because it takes place on an aircraft carrier and saying "it promotes war".

Here are some words that were edited out of the video "I'm The Man/Radio Edit" on Uranium:
"Chair"
"Crack"
"Joints"
I've never read the lyrics to "I'm The Man", but I think those are the words that were too hot for TV.

THAT IS BULLSHIT.

I saw that video on the Headbangers Ball last saturday and it rocked!

It seems MTV is trying to fuck up another great thing.

Censorship pisses me off or should I say censorshit.

Maybe they should take a page from Nelly and replace the scene with one of the band members swiping a credit card through a female zombie's ass crack. That's suitable for MTV.

[Counts down to story being posted on Blabbermouth and everyone complaining Anthrax is doing it for publicity.]