What do you guys think about the French Metal Scene ?

I like Himinbjorg and Kristallnacht is excellent.

Two bands not mentioned yet are Bran Barr and Nydvind. Both very good.

Disciple man it was sort of a joke- i never implied they were dirty, just style conscious. jesus, if one cant joke about the french what country can one joke about? Well i guess america is pretty damn funny in a sick twisted sort of way.

Haha, my comments weren't intended to be understood gravely either. I was joking as well, perhaps inappropriately, but joking nonetheless. And it was I who insinuated that they were dirty pigs.

Chopstick up the Peehole said:
Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition are excellent, but the best French band is GRONIBARD!!!!
Gronibard rules, I bet they are the shit live

faffa4cb.jpg

faffa47b.jpg

:D

Nekrophilic said:
Gronibard rules, I bet they are the shit live
Fuck yeah - one of my mates saw them while he was in Europe and said they were AWESOME and pulled off everything perfectly live.

I forgot another awesome French band - Blockheads (political grindcore).

crimsonfloyd said:
The only French metal band I currently listen to is Blut Aus Nord, who are very good and very original. Try them out if you want to hear some extreemly fark and suicidal black metal. Most the other bands I've heard fit into the "good but unoriginal" catagory, which usally means I won't listen for very long. Anyone wanna sugest some other original French BM?

Deathspell Omega