Former Anthrax Singer Dan Nelson Arrested for Assault of Elderly Man

I've been in pretty regular contact with Dan by Facebook Messenger ever since he was with the band - even as recently as a few months ago. He's always been the most respectful and simply a plain nice guy - as far as online friends go. He's messaged me regularly, and even sent me demos of some of his own material before he joined Anthrax.

This incident is really disappointing. I'm sure he knows he fucked up. I'll leave it at that.

i haven't been a regular poster on this board in YEARS and i think i was already gone when he was in the band. so, i've never really talked about what i thought of him... in brief, i was excited at the time, but i watched some of those live clips with him again recently... i'm glad it didn't work out. seemed like he was trying to hard and i wasn't a big fan of the anselmo-style vocals.

Reactions: sufferer
I followed him
On twitter early on and his attitude rapidly decreased as soon as they started playing shows,pretty much confirmed by the band themselves that he caused a lot of problems and even in interviews he was always
Half joining about how much money he was making etc,massive blow up before they even played there first show

I've been in pretty regular contact with Dan by Facebook Messenger ever since he was with the band - even as recently as a few months ago. He's always been the most respectful and simply a plain nice guy - as far as online friends go. He's messaged me regularly, and even sent me demos of some of his own material before he joined Anthrax.

This incident is really disappointing. I'm sure he knows he fucked up. I'll leave it at that.

I agree and having actually heard some of his music, I'd say he's really great, terrific singer. Although his early live cuts with Anthrax did not impress me that much, I do regret having not heard what he'd done in the studio.

Reactions: timmyc