Dan Nelson Fired From Anthrax

Joecephus

Mar 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
www. joecephus.com
Dan Nelson Fired From Anthrax, Necro Steps In

The new singer of Anthrax Dan Nelson has been fired and self proclaimed "Death rapper" Necro has taken the job.

Anthrax guitarist/ founding member Scott Ian has posted the following message on his website:

"Hey guys, got some big news for ya. You've no doubt all been aware of what a long task it was for us to find a new singer after Joey left. We announced a few months ago that we had recruited former Devilsize and Me, My Enemy singer Dan Nelson to handle vocal duties. Well things really weren't working out. He said some things, I said some things and shit got way out of hand between us. I won't say what was said out of respect but Dan is no longer a part of Anthrax. He had his chance but he decided to be a dick, not a dude about things.

"Fear not though because our job of finding a replacement for Dan took alot shorter than expected. I got a call from Necro asking if I wanted to collaborate on another song with him and this time bring the other guys. We jammed for a bit on a new song of his and then he wanted to jam on some Anthrax tunes. We went through Bring The Noize and I'm The Man and then halfway through Deathrider I just put my guitar down and said 'Dude! Want a job?' To the pleasure of myself, Charlie, Frankie and Rob, he accepted. He's coming into the studio with us next week to record some new tracks. Make him feel welcome in the Anthrax camp!"

Necro himself has also issued a statement:

"So I'm in Anthrax now. I ain't gonna post no long ass blurb about how honoured I am blah blah blah but I will say this, when you cross the most brutal rapper on the planet with the fathers of the blastbeat, some mad songs are gonna get done! Keep checkin' this space and both our websites for more news."

Necro and Scott Ian previously worked on the song "Evil Rules" together for Necro's latest album "Death Rap". The new Anthrax album is expecting a September release.

ha!

Thats almost as bad of an April fools day joke as the reunion was.

Hey man! It isn't joke! It's true...

tracklist:

1. Evil Rules
2. Satan Muthafucka
3. NFL - Nurse From Lucifer
4. I'm the macho man
5. Persistence of Wigga's
6. My Homie Doesn't Die
7. This motherfucker from Burger King
8. This fatherfucker: 85 - 93 and 2005-2007
9. This eyeballfucker 2008
10. Dirty Rapist From Hell