Dan Nelson:

Many of you might be interested to know that Dan Nelson isn't really his real name - in fact it's Dani Neljon Iglesius.

He is actually one of Julio's many lovechilds. Changed his name for legal reasons.

This is looking better everyday now.

I spoke to Julio the other day he said this `Merde. That is my band and mine alone.'

No. I have a choice - either PAY to listen to them, or don't - download it for free.

I've bought every album they've ever done, apart from the first one. And I won't be buying the next one.
Same as Metallica who I also bought every release from, even St Anger - if bands want to treat the diehard fans like shit then fuck 'em. I'll spend no more money on these guys.

well then there you go...you found your solution..you are right don't spend money on bands that you feel are rippin you off..:erk:
I wouldn't..:lol:

For instance Pop music I fuckin hate it..they don't write their own music
and yet they are credit it by people who are just listening to the next brand new artist...For this type of music there is no elements from the actual artist..
I believe this is a rip off...from people who actually work..they buy their cds or dvds and after the artist height of their popularity is over and their so called fans will have a bunch of their cd and dvds gathering dust...that's fuckin lame...

at least with metal artist i am getting my moneys worth...
I fuckin HATE BUBBLE GUM MUSIC:heh::mad:

Many of you might be interested to know that Dan Nelson isn't really his real name - in fact it's Dani Neljon Iglesius.

He is actually one of Julio's many lovechilds. Changed his name for legal reasons.

This is looking better everyday now.

I spoke to Julio the other day he said this `Merde. That is my band and mine alone.'

Keep it in the family.

A singer at last! But the officail web site still says nothing of this! :err:
Apparently he sounds a bit like John? Fucking hope so! :headbang: :kickass:

Death to the mulleted 80's!:puke:

Fuck you!! Yeah The Mullet was lame but 80's metal IS not!:headbang:
As far as the Bush sound alike...... I don't care for it. I hope he sounds a lot different in the studio!

other than a deeper tone I dont think he a Bush clone at all. I can hear a little bit of Bush, Anselmo, Cornell.......

I think this dude is way capable of delivering new thrax goods. Not in just "he sounds like the last guy" way. I think its gonna be good.

Hey Kid........... Get your own vocal style.

anthrax1.jpg

I don't hear the Bush similarities. I'll definatly check out the new stuff whenever they put it out but I'm not going to be a big supporter like I was before. I might check em out live once but Bush was a giant part of why I became a fan of the band so I don't think I'll go see them 7 times like I did on the WCFYA tour. I won't be a huge supporter unless the album really wows me. And even then there's an awful taste in my mouth over how the last 3 years were handled.

^ Unfortunately I personally have the same attitude.
I don't have any intend to put the new guy down, he seems like a very descent man, and I wish the rest of the guys all the best with the album and all the other albums they'll make, but... with John gone it's really hard for me to be attached to Anthrax the same way as it was before. I'll see how it'll turn out...

I agree with you both. I hope Dan kicks ass & makes me really care about this band again. John Bush is what made me get into Anthrax, he's a class act, a fantastic front man & has one of the best Rock/Metal voices of all time.

Couldn't agree with all 3 of you more. I hope all works out for Dan/Anthrax, but man he better be watching his ass the whole time while in this band. All singers in this band have been stiffed... I'd be careful to try make sure I wasn't number 4.

I'm also finding it hard to get pumped about the new Thrax because of no Bush but I felt the same way when Joey left too and that only lasted until I heard SOWN so hopefully the same thing will happen this time around. I like the new guy's voice a lot from what I've heard so far. Time will tell.

I'm also finding it hard to get pumped about the new Thrax because of no Bush but I felt the same way when Joey left too and that only lasted until I heard SOWN so hopefully the same thing will happen this time around. I like the new guy's voice a lot from what I've heard so far. Time will tell.
With this, I agree. I was pissed when Joey was kicked out, but when I head Bushthrax it changed my mind, and I loved that era even more. I was gutted when John left, although I enjoyed the reunion, but I always thought John would come back. Now he's decided not to, I'll go along with the band and see what happens next. I reckon its gonna rock our socks off, but time will tell. I hear the "similarities" to Bush in Dan's voice, but I also hear a hell of a lot of other influences as well, not just John.