Dan Nelson:

Joecephus

Mar 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
www. joecephus.com
via Blabbermouth:

ANTHRAX has issued a press release officially announcing its new singer, Dan Nelson (as first reported by BLABBERMOUTH.NET back on December 6). Nelson (Photo#1, Photo#2), 32, is a virtual unknown, having fronted several local bands in the Long Island/New York area, including DEVILSIZE and ME, MY ENEMY. Drummer Charlie Benante says, "Rob [Caggiano, ANTHRAX lead guitarist] called me and said, 'I have a singer, you should check him out.' We gave him a shot, and he floored us."

After a successful reunion tour with returning vocalist Joey Belladonna in 2006, there were rumors of recording a new album with that lineup. However, talks fell through and the band was left, once again, without a frontman.

"I was actually looking for a band," commented Nelson. "Long Island is a pretty dead scene. I was in UNBROKEN, and through that I met Rob a couple years ago. I had gone through some stuff on a personal side where I took time off from the music. When I got back to the scene, I couldn't find a band, so I contacted Rob through MySpace and offered my services. We sent music back and forth, got together, and jammed for 10 hours straight. After 10 hours, he said, 'I think you'd be right for ANTHRAX."

"There's no place else I'd rather be right now," Nelson said. "It's a great vibe. I feel great, and I'm ready to go. It's lit that much more of a fire under me. I'm getting to live the dream, and it feels amazing. I can't wait for all these people who think ANTHRAX is done to be proven wrong. The naysayers are gonna be shut down, and the true-blue fans are gonna be pleased.”

Guitarist Scott Ian commented on the new singer saying, "It feels great working with Dan. The first time we jammed, we ran through a bunch of old songs, songs from the John Bush/Joey Belladonna eras. Right from the first second Dan started 'Room For One More' we knew. We said, 'Now that we've got that, let's work his ass off.'"

ANTHRAX, featuring Nelson on vocals, guitarists Ian and Rob Caggiano, bassist Frankie Bello, and drummer Benante, is currently working on all-new material. "We wrote these songs and they fucking kicked ass," says Benante. "It was cathartic. We also want to take our time. This record will be under the microscope, more so than the others. We want to make sure it's 100% perfect."

In other news, two classic ANTHRAX records — "Sound of White Noise" and "Stomp 442" — are going to be available on iTunes on December 18. They will be expanded editions with bonus tracks, and it's the first time the records will be released digitally. The online versions of the albums will also include commentary tracks from the band members themselves!

ANTHRAX has not yet announced a release date for an upcoming album, but the band is in the middle of the writing process, so stay tuned for more updates.

A DEVILSIZE song titled "Taken" featuring the vocals of Dan Nelson can be heard at this location. Four more DEVILSIZE tracks featuring Nelson — "The Way", "Explode", "Brooding" and "Freedom's Wings" — are available for streaming here (click on the play button to the left of each songtitle to launch audio).

It won’t be the proper follow-up to WCFYA that I was hoping for, but at least it won’t be a lame ass nostalgia trip either. I’m gonna give the new guy a chance.

It would be nice if Scott, Charlie, Frankie, Rob and Dan would go on a short little US tour, just to give us fans a taste of the new material/singer.

via Blabbermouth:

ANTHRAX has issued a press release officially announcing its new singer, Dan Nelson (as first reported by BLABBERMOUTH.NET back on December 6). Nelson (Photo#1, Photo#2), 32, is a virtual unknown, having fronted several local bands in the Long Island/New York area, including DEVILSIZE and ME, MY ENEMY. Drummer Charlie Benante says, "Rob [Caggiano, ANTHRAX lead guitarist] called me and said, 'I have a singer, you should check him out.' We gave him a shot, and he floored us."

After a successful reunion tour with returning vocalist Joey Belladonna in 2006, there were rumors of recording a new album with that lineup. However, talks fell through and the band was left, once again, without a frontman.

"I was actually looking for a band," commented Nelson. "Long Island is a pretty dead scene. I was in UNBROKEN, and through that I met Rob a couple years ago. I had gone through some stuff on a personal side where I took time off from the music. When I got back to the scene, I couldn't find a band, so I contacted Rob through MySpace and offered my services. We sent music back and forth, got together, and jammed for 10 hours straight. After 10 hours, he said, 'I think you'd be right for ANTHRAX."

"There's no place else I'd rather be right now," Nelson said. "It's a great vibe. I feel great, and I'm ready to go. It's lit that much more of a fire under me. I'm getting to live the dream, and it feels amazing. I can't wait for all these people who think ANTHRAX is done to be proven wrong. The naysayers are gonna be shut down, and the true-blue fans are gonna be pleased.”

Guitarist Scott Ian commented on the new singer saying, "It feels great working with Dan. The first time we jammed, we ran through a bunch of old songs, songs from the John Bush/Joey Belladonna eras. Right from the first second Dan started 'Room For One More' we knew. We said, 'Now that we've got that, let's work his ass off.'"

ANTHRAX, featuring Nelson on vocals, guitarists Ian and Rob Caggiano, bassist Frankie Bello, and drummer Benante, is currently working on all-new material. "We wrote these songs and they fucking kicked ass," says Benante. "It was cathartic. We also want to take our time. This record will be under the microscope, more so than the others. We want to make sure it's 100% perfect."

In other news, two classic ANTHRAX records — "Sound of White Noise" and "Stomp 442" — are going to be available on iTunes on December 18. They will be expanded editions with bonus tracks, and it's the first time the records will be released digitally. The online versions of the albums will also include commentary tracks from the band members themselves!

ANTHRAX has not yet announced a release date for an upcoming album, but the band is in the middle of the writing process, so stay tuned for more updates.

A DEVILSIZE song titled "Taken" featuring the vocals of Dan Nelson can be heard at this location. Four more DEVILSIZE tracks featuring Nelson — "The Way", "Explode", "Brooding" and "Freedom's Wings" — are available for streaming here (click on the play button to the left of each songtitle to launch audio).

It won’t be the proper follow-up to WCFYA that I was hoping for, but at least it won’t be a lame ass nostalgia trip either. I’m gonna give the new guy a chance.

It would be nice if Scott, Charlie, Frankie, Rob and Dan would go on a short little US tour, just to give us fans a taste of the new material/singer.

I guess that answers my question about Dan Spitz being in the band...........

Im kinda stoked right now. I think this could end up being THE follow up for two albums. SOWN and POT. I just wanna hear the music and get in the fuckin pit already.

I love this damn band ... but dammit with these singers ... change the damn band name already.
You gave us fucking amazing classics ... don't drag the name through the mud.

this dude looks like this guy that used to hang around on the Stern show a decade ago or so ... singing weird tunes.

The band don't need to change its name. I just don't get why people think they should. Personally I'm looking forward to this, I think Dan sounds great, and should fit right in. I remember hearing that Joey was out and John was in. I didn't doubt hte band then, I don't doubt them now. I was impressed with John, and I'm sure I'll be impressed with Dan. I've been a fan since '85, and they'll always be my favourite band, so for that I wish them all the best, and look forward to them kicking my ass in '08.

I love this damn band ... but dammit with these singers ... change the damn band name already.

The last studio album featured 4 out of the 5 guys (Rob Caggiano is back) who are recording the new album. Why change the name for one new member?

The band don't need to change its name. I just don't get why people think they should.

because imo vocals give any band their identity ... you can take out a lot of variables in a band, but take out the singer and a lot is lost.

have you guys seen the recent masturbation that is taking place with the return of Barlow to Iced Earth ... case closed.

^What does the Iced Earth thing have to do with a name? :lol:

But really..absolutely no reason to change their name..more people would be pissed about them changing their name than if they keep it..so it's pointless. It's founding member is in the band (Scott Ian) so unless he leaves..I don't think they should change their name.

As long as Jon Schaffer is in Iced Earth..it's Iced Earth too.

At least that's they way I would look at it.

Now when Dave E. left Megadeth..that was flirting with the whole name thing..I think they should be called Dave Mustaine.

What about Exodus' new album, I mean what I've heard is great (seeing them for the first time next month) but Holt is the only guy we know. Yet it is still Exodus. We still got the core with Scott, Charlie and Frank, along with Rob (thank god) who is to me THE lead player for Thrax and now a new bad ass singer, it's still Anthrax to me big time. Hopefully now that it's been announced there will be regular updates.

yeah but Exo gave us three new memorable discs that were all balls out fanthraxtic
last thing great I heard from Anthrax was SOWN ...

What about Exodus' new album, I mean what I've heard is great (seeing them for the first time next month) but Holt is the only guy we know. Yet it is still Exodus. We still got the core with Scott, Charlie and Frank, along with Rob (thank god) who is to me THE lead player for Thrax and now a new bad ass singer, it's still Anthrax to me big time. Hopefully now that it's been announced there will be regular updates.

Isn't that the same with OVERKILL. Now dd verni is in the band but when he left it was just Bobby Ellsworth..:) and it was still call overkill:headbang:

because imo vocals give any band their identity ... you can take out a lot of variables in a band, but take out the singer and a lot is lost.

No offence, but thats utter bollox. If that was the case they should have changed their name after Turbin left. The transition from Fistful to Spreading was not only singer, but also bassist. The singer is only ONE man, the band is largely the same. No need for a name change.

He's a good singer, I like him.

I wasn't expecting to, but hey... he's good Anthrax mark III.
Better than Blayze Bailey was for Maiden.

I wonder if he has the upper range to do any of the old stuff, though.