Dan Nelson:

Merry Christmas to you too, and to everyone here! :)

I'm also glad things are finally moving forward.

He REALLY sounds to me like: John Bush and Dee Snyder

dude you hit the nail right on the head. he sounds like a dozen different guys when he's singing low. he has a godsmack, marilyn manson, john bush type approach depending on the song but, when he starts getting into the higher register he sounds just like dee snyder. lets hear what he does with anthrax cause these tunes arn't anything better than any local band i could go see some where on the weekend. i'm interested so i guess i'll wait for a new disc to make my final judgements.

Me too. I agree about the godsmack thing; I was reminded of Sully Erna when he sang in his lower register too.

I'm going to see how it goes. He just needs to develop his own unique style and it'll be cool. Perhaps the things Scott and Charlie will write for him will challenge him to do that.

We have heard a real small sample of this guys stuff. Who knows what this shit will sound like. Im clueless but sure as fuck looking forward to it.

Would really love to see some more press / info / band photos with Dan.

I like the way Dan sings. I had actually heard (and have) a couple Devilsize songs, before hearing he got in Anthrax. He was in a couple other bands I have heard and have songs from too. He's a really nice guy and down to earth. Honestly, he is the reason I am looking forward to hearing new Anthrax. Also, I just found out today... He is supposed to be on Scrub Radio on Friday night.
It's an internet radio site that plays all kinds of underground and unsigned music. A call in interview with Toe Tag. The show starts at 9pm eastern. scrubradio.com

Wow; Anthrax has good luck when it comes to getting down-to-earth and nice singers. Their last two are known to be very nice as well. ...Not sure about Turbin.

Ooooooh boy! *ducks from the bricks about to be thrown at thrashard*

I politely disagree, my good sir.

It was only their third singer change, and only their second long-time singer. Why change names then? And John was a great singer, even if the material they wrote when he was the singer wasn't the best. (After SOWN anyway, that was awesome.) And even then, nearly every album after that had many pretty good to awesome moments. It just wasn't thrash.

Don't get me wrong; I think Joey was awesome and it was pretty fucked up the way they canned him (OVER THE PHONE?! And they didn't even give it to him themselves! Pretty cowardly IMO), but ya know. Openmindedness=good.

If Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, and KISS didn't feel the need to change their names (other than Sabbath recently), then why should Anthrax? All of those bands have had numorous lineup changes over the years as well.

Wow; Anthrax has good luck when it comes to getting down-to-earth and nice singers. Their last two are known to be very nice as well. ...Not sure about Turbin.

Good thing too or there mighta been some ass whoopin goin on. LOL. Nah I just think they got lucky.

If Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, and KISS didn't feel the need to change their names (other than Sabbath recently), then why should Anthrax? All of those bands have had numorous lineup changes over the years as well.

Word. Its just the next evolution of the band. Plus I want some new Thrax swag. lol

Saw them on Sat...

Can u say Anselmo/Bush??

Dan ROCKED!!!!

MEDAN-1.jpg

Dan totally rocked!!! He's theeee most humble guy ever....

I'm looking forward to an new album with him..

:headbang:

LOL! I honestly don't know how I ended up here!!! No Bush at the show....

I was there with Phil though.......he too thought Dan did a great job.

I have pix up on my MySpace!

Hope all is well!!!!
:headbang: