Former FATES WARNING Guitarist Guests On ICARUS WITCH Album

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
From Blabbermout.net:

- Aug. 2, 2005

Former FATES WARNING guitarist Frank Aresti has recorded a guest appearance on the upcoming full-length album from Pittsburgh traditional metal upstarts ICARUS WITCH, entitled "Capture the Magic".

ICARUS WITCH have been hard at work in Eric Klinger's (PRO-PAIN) Pittsburgh studio since May recording the CD, which is said to "continue in the neo-classic, melodic metal framework" of the group's "Roses On White Lace" EP, "while the additional time the band have had to jell has resulted in a deeper, more passionate style."

The cover art is a classic painting by Rockdetector.com's Garry Sharpe-Young (QUEENSRŸCHE, GRIM REAPER) and the package includes a deluxe 12-panel, full-color conceptual insert tying the imagery to the lyrics.

While worldwide label deals are being hammered out, "Capture the Magic" will be released in North America on October 25 via Magick Records, with distribution through Cleopatra.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=39999

This is some great news!! I can't wait ti get my hands on this!

Everyone I've played the Icarus Witch EP for has loved it. Sometimes I wonder if I'm up here promoting my new book or Icarus Witch! I'll be racing JD to the nearest record store cash register when this one comes out.

Having X on the album just adds sprinkles to the frosting...

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Everyone I've played the Icarus Witch EP for has loved it. Sometimes I wonder if I'm up here promoting my new book or Icarus Witch! I'll be racing JD to the nearest record store cash register when this one comes out.

You Better believe it!!! and I will beat you to it Old Man!!!:loco: :loco: :loco: Good to see ya TSO!!!!!!

As promised:

Hello all,

Due to the many requests from some of the bands on this year's CD sampler set we've decided to post the track listing so that everyone can look forward to hearing some great new tracks (and bands). As an added bonus, this year we have added a third CD to the sampler set!

On a personal note, samplers are always hard to put together as you want to have a good flow from track 1 through to the end, as well as keep all the bands/labels happy with their track placement. My goal for the samplers is to make sure every disc is strong from beginning to end, and from CD 1 -3, no exceptions. Start high and end high. I think I was able to pull it off as I myself enjoyed listening to these CDs in the final order that was put together.

With that said, here are the bands/tracks that will be appearing on the samplers this year:

CD 1

01. Outworld – The Never
02. Presto Ballet – Peace Among the Ruins
03. Lydian Sea – All That Ends
04. Nevermore – The Psalm of Lydia
05. Azrael’s Bane – Shine
06. Fahrenheit – Evermore
07. Transient – What Lies Within
08. Pyramaze – Souls in Pain
09. Halcyon F5 – Revisit Me
10. Dead Nature – Birds of Prey
11. Gaia – Praxis
12. Rusty Cooley – Under the Influence
13. Wiszdom Stone – Eyes Open

CD 2

01. Shadow Gallery – The Andromeda Strain
02. Redemption – Release
03. Persephone’s Dream – Nightfall
04. Miles Beyond – A Call to Odin
05. Antithesis – Dreaming Reality
06. Indukti – Uluru
07. Aspire – All Ahead
08. Vox Tempus – Revelations
09. Hibria – Living Under Ice
10. Mirror Black – Blinded (demo)
11. Mindflow – The Logic Behind Heads and Tails (edit)
12. Dragonland – As Madness Took Me
13. Torquestra – Tears of the Gods

CD 3

01. Theocracy – The Writing in the Sand
02. Beyond Twilight – Ecstasy Arise (edit)
03. Cellador – No Chances Lost
04. Ezra Stone – Road Called Anywhere
05. Zero Hour – There For Me
06. Operatika – The Calling
07. A Lower Deep – Gods and Monsters
08. Suspyre – The City Under Sands
09. Icarus Witch – The Ghost of Xavior Holmes
(Featuring Frank Aresti)
10. Firewind – Tyranny
11. Avian – As the World Burns
12. Ascension Theory – Passion of My Heart
13. Warmachine – Empty

As always, everyone will receive this CD set, an event program and many other goodies at the door this year, for FREE. See you all in a month and a half!

Deron