Yea!! Icarus Witch Add Second Guitarist - May 15, 2006

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
From Blabbermouth.net

Pittsburgh traditional metal upstarts ICARUS WITCH are once again returning to a dual guitar lineup with the addition of dynamic shredder Quinn Lukas. The boys had been in talks with the young axe master for some time and were even more interested after vocalist Matthew Bizilia and bassist Jason Myers caught him live in Erie, PA last summer and saw what he was capable of. The only thing holding them back from hiring him on the spot was that, at the time, he was in the middle of mortuary college to become a funeral director. Figuring a rocking opportunity like this might not knock a third time but that people will always die and need morticians, the second call the band put into Quinn resulted in his decision to put his final year of ghoul school on hold and join the rising WITCH camp on their current road to metal glory.

With several East Coast concerts in support of "Capture The Magic" under their belt, the band now knows that they can command a stage as a four-piece. However, in attempt to bring the ultimate heavy metal show to the fans, they unanimously decided it was time to add a second weapon to the already deadly guitar attack.

With Quinn onboard, expect more harmonies, thicker rhythms under trade off guitar leads and an increase in energy. Myers contends, "This kid's a monster with killer chops, an explosive stage presence and a classic metal soul far beyond his 25 years. With Quinn and Fish on the same stage, we're looking to give MAIDEN, PRIEST and 'RŸCHE a run for their twin lead money. Also, with his education if someone expires on the road, he'll know what to do with the body!"

ICARUS WITCH's "Capture the Magic" was produced by Eric Klinger and JC Dwyer (PRO-PAIN) and was issued in October via the Los Angeles-based Magick Records.

--------------------------

Yes! I was hoping they would do this. This will kick ass live :headbang:

Icarus Witch RULE!!

NP Icarus Witch - Curse of the Ice Maiden

carnut said:
That's great news, I'm very curious about a new record !!

I didin't know they were from Pittsburgh "Steelertown" (my favorite football team.) I have listened to some samples from those guys, but maybe I should check more into them.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I have listened to some samples from those guys, but maybe I should check more into them.

Yes, you should check them out. I'll bring you a disc of their stuff and some others this weekend. I'll be seeing you Friday night, I hope.

Hawk said:
Yes! I was hoping they would do this. This will kick ass live :headbang:

Icarus Witch RULE!!

That kicks ass! It could add another dimension to the studio work too. I'll be looking even more forward to a new release.

Wheezer said:
Yes, you should check them out. I'll bring you a disc of their stuff and some others this weekend. I'll be seeing you Friday night, I hope.

Cool !! I have..... several discs for you as well. Those that I said I would burn for you about 10 years ago.... well maybe not that far back, but you remember.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Cool !! I have..... several discs for you as well. Those that I said I would burn for you about 10 years ago.... well maybe not that far back, but you remember.

:lol: :lol: Yeah, I remember. Britt, Roxx, and I are hooking up in Atlanta and then driving to Phenix City Friday afternoon. Should be a riot! :headbang:

Bryant said:
Oh hell yeah !! Welcome to the entertainment capitol of the world !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: It will be when I get there! :p

Ok, now that we've sufficiently hijacked this thread, maybe we ought to knock it off. I didn't mean to. It just happened and I apologize.

Wheezer said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: It will be when I get there! :p

Ok, now that we've sufficiently hijacked this thread, maybe we ought to knock it off. I didn't mean to. It just happened and I apologize.

Although I think everyone would definitely understand, considering we see each other once a year....... you are right. We can take this to PMs.
One last tidbit.... there is a local guy (a wedding guest) from Columbus Ga. (which is my neighbor city) who I invited to hook up....... hell just
PM me !!!!

Bryant

Hmm, hmm, hmmm. Let's see what this bring about to their sound :cool:

I'm curious about Icarus Witch. I understand that they are very retro-sounding, but do they do it tongue-in-cheek and cheesy, or do they do it with class? I've heard Dokken comparisons - they don't sound like poppy late 80's Dokken, right?

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
I'm curious about Icarus Witch. I understand that they are very retro-sounding, but do they do it tongue-in-cheek and cheesy, or do they do it with class? I've heard Dokken comparisons - they don't sound like poppy late 80's Dokken, right?

I think they sound nothing like Dokken. but why don't you check them out yourself?

http://www.myspace.com/icaruswitch