ICARUS WITCH Parts Ways With Singer, Announces Replacement - Apr. 13, 2010

Hawk

Henri Serton
Staff member
Aug 31, 2001
Eindhoven; Rockcity!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based melodic metallers ICARUS WITCH have parted ways with vocalist Matthew Bizilia and have replaced him with Christopher Shaner.

Commented the band in a statement: "Matthew's contributions to the band have been immeasurable over the past six years.

"While this was a serious decision for both parties, professional differences of opinion led to the change.

"Bizilia is a phenomenal talent who will always be a part of the WITCH family as we wish him much success on his future ventures."

Incoming vocalist and Erie, Pennsylvania native Shaner is a longtime friend and collaborator of guitarist Quinn Lukas. Before Quinn moved to Pittsburgh to join ICARUS WITCH in 2006, he had worked on various musical projects with the singer. Much like the recent acquisition of second guitarist Ed Skero, the choice to add Christopher to the band was based on a combination of what he brings to the lineup personally, musically and professionally. His powerful vocal range, sense of harmony and intense work ethic are a perfect fit for the next phase of this band.

Writing for the follow-up to "Draw Down The Moon" has already commenced with the new recruits and it promises to be the band's most diverse, melodic and epic release ever.

ICARUS WITCH's new lineup will make its live debut at Pittsburgh's Hard Rock Cafe on Friday, May 28, where the band will be opening for LIZZY BORDEN.

"Draw Down The Moon" was released on February 9 through Cleopatra Records.

http://www.myspace.com/icaruswitch

Hmmm

Hmmm

Hmmm

I have their three LPs and the last one is probably the one I like most so far, but the band just can't make me get crazy over them.
The singer was pretty good IMO, so a change may or may not be suitable. Will see the next CD if there's one.

Sad to see Bazilia go, imo he was the strong link in Icarus Witch...
Sad I never got to see them live in that line up :(

You know, if I had a nickel for every time I read that statement by bands.... I'd have about 30 bucks.

I probably get 10 times that :heh:

This'll be neat to hear how the new guy sounds. I rather liked Bizilia's, particularly on their cover of Roses on White Lace.

To me that's the worst song they ever recorded. It puzzles me how can a metal band pick a bad Alice song (and I love the original, still is bad), and be unable to perform it better.

To me that's the worst song they ever recorded. It puzzles me how can a metal band pick a bad Alice song (and I love the original, still is bad), and be unable to perform it better.

Like most of our tastes, I must disagree. :p That cover may be my favorite IW tune they have (though Dragon Ryder and Winds of Atlantis rank pretty high).

Also, the original Alice version is awesome too.