Former SENTENCED Guitarist And Main Songwriter MIIKA TENKULA Dead At 35 - Feb. 19

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Former SENTENCED Guitarist And Main Songwriter MIIKA TENKULA Dead At 35 - Feb. 19, 2009
Miika Tenkula, former lead guitarist and main songwriter of the acclaimed Finnish band SENTENCED, passed away earlier today (Thursday, February 19) at the age of 35.

Nalle Österman (GANDALF, LULLACRY, CHAOSBREED) tells BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "It's true, confirmed personally by [former SENTENCED] drummer Vesa Ranta.

"The fact remains that Miika had a serious drinking problem for many years which escalated after SENTENCED was buried. They don't call it King Alcohol for nothing...

"The metal scene in Finland mourns now for one of the most talented metal guitarists to ever emerge from [the country]."

The official cause of Miika's death has not yet been released.

SENTENCED's posthumous DVD, "Buried Alive", was certified platinum last year in the band's native Finland. The disc topped the official Finnish chart upon its release in late 2006.

The former members of SENTENCED were presented with the platinum award for "Buried Alive" on August 14, 2008 at Century Media Records' 20th-anniversary party at the Tavastia club in Helsinki where ex-SENTENCED singer Ville Laihiala's new band, POISONBLACK, and labelmates NORTHER and KIVIMETSÄN DRUIDI performed.

An e-card for "Buried Alive" DVD, which captures the Finnish band's final performance in their hometown of Oulu, Finland on October 1, 2005, can be accessed at this location. The e-card features a full mock-up of the DVD menu and a taste of "Buried Alive", including one full live song as well as snippets from all chapters.

Directed by Mika Ronkainen of Klaffi Productions, the two-disc set features the entire concert, including a special guest appearance by former SENTENCED vocalist Taneli Jarva.

SENTENCED's last-ever studio CD, aptly titled "The Funeral Album", entered the Finnish national chart at position No. 1 back in June 2005. The follow-up to 2002's "The Cold White Light" was recorded primarily at Finnvox and Tonebox studios (both in Finland), and mixed and mastered at Finnvox. Producing the effort was Hiili Hiilesmaa, who also worked with SENTENCED on the group's previous two albums, 2000's "Crimson" and "The Cold White Light".

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

well, anyone that drinks is ultimately destroying their liver to some degree, shortening their life, sooooooooooooOoOooOo

Oh I see what you did there
dogshiftyeyes-1.gif

I don't drink :lol: Neither does Max.

Whatever happened to the old Joe who used to act tough with his hooch? "You drink beer? whatapussyfaggot!!!! I drink the hard stuff, straight, without mixing or chasing, because my balls are hairy as fuck!!"

Or something like that.

I'm sure you could've drawn that comic in a way that the box wasn't transparent and still gotten the same point across.