Forum Getogether thread

Where? Victoria Park (next to Sydney Uni)

Are you allowed to drink there?

We had a barbecue at a local park last year, a ranger dropped by and said we could continue but we had to remove all the grog from the park.

Went drinking at the Summer Hill hotel a few weeks back and it's an ok spot for a get together (also considering a TM'er lives in the vicinity) - best of all right opposite the train station.

s

Are you allowed to drink there?

We had a barbecue at a local park last year, a ranger dropped by and said we could continue but we had to remove all the grog from the park.

Perhaps you aren't, I don't know... all I know is it hasn't been an issue when there's been a large group of us sitting in a group in plain view with multiple cases of beer out in the open, chasing ducks and possums (and people) around, setting fire to a trolley, playing with fire and kero in general, collecting shrubs and sitting in trees as medieval thieves with Woodstock & Cola cans shooting nerf darts at passers by.

I think it's pretty relaxed there as long as you don't practice Tai Chi. Then the shit hits the fan.

God you are a crack-up! Reading your posts makes my day! And for those of you who thinks thats lame, you obviously have not read them! Fuck you're a funny bastard! :lol:

Who else is coming into the city for World Youth Day?

World Youth Day (WYD) is the largest youth event in the world and will be held in Sydney from Tuesday 15 to Sunday 20 July 2008.

Organised by the Catholic Church, WYD brings together young people from around the globe to celebrate and learn about their faith on a more regular basis.

WYD08 will be the largest event Australia has ever hosted. It will attract over 125,000 international visitors - more than the 2000 Olympics.

WYD08 will mark the first visit of His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI to Australia.

Through the WYD08 experience, young people from throughout the world will make a pilgrimage in faith, meet, and experience the love of God.

World Youth Day is an invitation from the Pope to the youth of the world to celebrate their faith around a particular theme. Everyone is welcome to attend.

Sounds like an awesome opportunity to have a day out in the city and celebrate religion. "Oh hey, you're Catholic? Good on you man! Catho pride!" If you don't agree you're a narrow-minded bigoted Catholicophobe.

Respect Py-Ro.

Anyone else here interested in a weekend of snowboarding in the Snowy Mountains in the last weekend of August? At this rate I'll be crashing at a mate's place down there but if there are enough numbers willing to split a cabin and pool snowboarding gear/costs it could be a recipe for good times and great classic hits.

Respect Py-Ro.

Anyone else here interested in a weekend of snowboarding in the Snowy Mountains in the last weekend of August? At this rate I'll be crashing at a mate's place down there but if there are enough numbers willing to split a cabin and pool snowboarding gear/costs it could be a recipe for good times and great classic hits.

Count me out Ferret, uni will be on again and you won't be seeing me til christmas, unless you come to PRIEST :kickass:

BLACK LIST IS OPENING SAT JAN 24TH 2009 AT THE FORBES HOTEL SYDNEY

ATTENTION: ROCKERS. GLAM AND METAL HEADS. PUNKS. ROCKABILLIES. PSYCHOBILLIES. SOCIAL MISFITS.

Black List is your new rock venue open the fourth Saturday of each month at the Forbes Hotel, 30 York St Sydney.

Entry is $10.

Guest Djs and Entertainers each month.

Opening Night Saturday Jan 24th, doors open 9pm.

Playlist includes:

Motorhead, Motley Crue, Skid Row, Guns and Roses, Twisted Sister, LA Guns, Pantera, KISS, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Anti Nowhere League, Joan Jett, Cinderella, Vains of Jenna, The Distillers, Atomic Fireballs, Ramones, Brides of Destruction, Rancid, Cindy Lauper, WASP, Quiet Riot, Steel Dragon, Faster Pussycat, Rob Zombie, The Boss, Hanoi Rocks, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Billy Idol, Megadeth, New York Dolls, Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Poison, Ratt, Rolling Stones, Rose Tattoo, Lars and the Bastards, Sepultura, Scorpions, Slayer, T.Rex, Skyhooks, The Radiators, Thin Lizzy, Slash's Snakepit, David Lee Roth, Turbonegro, Dead Kennedys, Van Halen, The Exploited, Velvet Revolver, Misfits, Black Sabbath, Meteors, Black Label Society, Jackyl, Dio, Total Chaos, Batmobile, Nekromantix, White Zombie, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, Whitesnake, Johnny Thunders, The Stray Cats, The Kinks, The Cure, Hanoi Rocks, Sex Pistols, Bowie, The Doors, Eagles of Death Metal, Journey, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Mad Sin, Elvis, Nashville Pussy, Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Tina Turner, T-Rex, Turbonegro, Devo, Demented Are Go, Alice In Chains, Aerosmith, Prodigy, Tool, David Bowie, The Datsuns, The Cure, (Hed) P.E, Iggy Pop, INXS, The Stooges, Hendrix, Metallica, Ministry, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Nirvana, etc.

s