Forums

Trep

Mar 16, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Does anyone know of any other good Audio Engineering Forums?

Not that i don't like this one, i do, But im also looking for something that is really focussed of the recording side of things and a little less guitar orientated for all those non guitar related questions. ie Theres a lot of guitarists here.

Doesnt have to be Just metal either?

Thanks guys

I used to frequent Recording.org before finding this place. I found some useful things there. Especially on the room acoustics side of things. But, when they tried to give advice about recording metal guitars...or promoting the concept of only using three mic's to record great drums...I went shopping for a better forum...and found this place. Honestly, after coming here, I've learned sooooo much more. In fact, I spent about the first month just going through the archives and creating a text file "encyclopedia" of useful things. This is definitely one of the best (if not THE best) recording forum out there...whether it's regarding metal or not. (Just my .02)

gearslutz.com
A lot of guys here hate it but I have learned quite a bit reading the stuff over there. There is a bigger attitude there perhaps but there are also some great posters.

Still a bit of a tape-op junkie....plus one of my favourite engineers/producers (Joel Hamilton) is a mod over there. My copy of the new Tape-Op book arrived in the post today too....

ok thanks guys.

yeah i got nothing agaist this forum, you guys have helped me so much with guitar tone and even given me faith in pods and digital guitar tone (haha yes i am a bit of a tube snob) but i do need help with all the more boring sound theory type stuff. thanks for your help

Yeah with Gearslutz, you can't look past the fact its like the most widely recognised and therefore has a ton of big names posting about. And if not big names posting, people who know people.....

...and will shit on you for not having piece of vintage gear X.

I'll say it again, if you want bad advice & a great way to spend money, hang on out Gearslutz.

I've learned far more about recording technique right here.

you wouldn't mind sharing that, would you? :saint:

Haha :) Yeah, I'll post it a little later. But really, don't expect much. It's nothing more than a collection of posts/quotes grouped under headings like "drums" , "guitars", and so on. And I'm really behind in updating it with other bits I've collected around here since then. But, if anyone thinks they may find it useful, I'll be glad to share it.