So ive got this idea....

wyllie

^^ Why-Lee^^
Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow,Scotland
www.myspace.com
Hey dudes!

Right ill cut to the chase. For my college course in Audio Engineering i need to do a big project called a graded unit.

I was thinking i could plan out this big colaboration of different musicians around the world and ovb id do my thing to create the most killer and mind blowing track my lecturers have ever heard! haha

If all goes well of course theres gonna be abit of money in it for those that help me out...So you wont go hungry haha! just make sure you can take paypal!

Im looking for some vocalists and guitarists , im gonna do some druming myself and will write and record the basic guitar tracks. The style will be like most of my other stuff with my band Three Mortal Hours e.g katatonia sounding.

....Anyone interested?

-Wyllie

In my experience, you'll need to document everything.

So using email and forums are the best way to communicate, that way you'll be able to print out all your documentation.*

You'd also be best off by having wav / aiff files of all the different stages of production. The end result only being a small part of the project.

Sounds like a good idea though, you ran it past your lecturers? [where are you studying btw?]

*this seems like a total dumbass comment, but I'm always amazed at how many people don't remember to show how they got to the end product.

In my experience, you'll need to document everything.

So using email and forums are the best way to communicate, that way you'll be able to print out all your documentation.*

You'd also be best off by having wav / aiff files of all the different stages of production. The end result only being a small part of the project.

Sounds like a good idea though, you ran it past your lecturers? [where are you studying btw?]

*this seems like a total dumbass comment, but I'm always amazed at how many people don't remember to show how they got to the end product.

yeah deffo the forums here will be a great way to show my ability to plan a recording...which is something we get assesed on.

i did indeed and they seemed to think it'd be too hard...fuck them tho ill still do it :D

im studying at Ayr college in Scotland :headbang:

yeah man good point there btw im gonna make sure ive got it all documented how i got from start to finish so theres no stone uncovered :D

My project that I'm doing for my honours (at Uni of West of Scotland) is the largest they've ever had (in terms of logistics and editing) so.. if you think you can manage it - go for it!

Currently I've got over 50 pages of documentation, and I'm (barely) a third of the way through my project.

I'm sure I've seen your band somewhere.. Could've just been on a poster or something?

Well, if you have any room for someone to critique, insult or praise your work I'm more than happy to do so :D But that's not terribly hard to find around here.

If there was anything else I could do that is at the level you're talking about, I would. Aside from that I wish you the best! I'm sure the end result will be spectacular.

Well, if you have any room for someone to critique, insult or praise your work I'm more than happy to do so :D But that's not terribly hard to find around here.

If there was anything else I could do that is at the level you're talking about, I would. Aside from that I wish you the best! I'm sure the end result will be spectacular.

haha cheers man , any input is totaly welcome! thanks for the vote of confidence :kickass:

I can help with guitars...rhythm and/or solos. Sounds interesting.

Good sir your playing is nothing short of incredable! Id LOVE to get some of your leads in on this!!!!:heh:

I'm actually doing this right now with a fellow in the UK, coincidentally. He has a project for uni and I'm doing the bass for him, a couple of other forum members are throwing down guitars and vocals, the dude that it's for is doing the drums. So far it's coming along really well and sounding pretty badass :)

~006

I'm actually doing this right now with a fellow in the UK, coincidentally. He has a project for uni and I'm doing the bass for him, a couple of other forum members are throwing down guitars and vocals, the dude that it's for is doing the drums. So far it's coming along really well and sounding pretty badass :)

~006

Sounds killer man , nice to hear im not shooting futher that i can handel. Last thing i need is for this to fuck up and fall on its face! I really wana nail this and make an impression :heh:

Gota say you guys are awesome for even giving me the time of day, its very much appreciated :D

I'm always down for anything like this! You just be sure to put my solo in the right place this time Wyllie ;)

I'm always down for anything like this! You just be sure to put my solo in the right place this time Wyllie ;)

Sorry about that Marcus!!! See that song ended up totaly not making the grade so i just kinda kept it under wraps , you killed it on that solo tho man i still love it! ill send ya it if you want? btw i fixed the placement of your solo hehe

But hell ya man throw down on here too! The more people involved the better! :cool:

Demo sounds great, if you're in need of another guitar player and/or any other help ill gladly assist you in any way. Good luck, I hope you make your instructors eat their words!

wyllie, do you have a myspace ?

I live in Glasgow, so if you're ever up here - you should give me a shout, beer?

i'm really digging this track! i can't see what comes of it!

it sounds abit like...if pink floyd were a doom band, i'm loving it!

Dude thats quite nuts to hear a compliment like that! Thanks for the support!
I know this could turn out VERY cool and hopefuly some killer music is created :headbang:

Hey, if you need/want I can lay the bass tracks for you :) I really dig this kind of style, although never played in a band like that

I play in this band if it has any matter http://www.myspace.com/lossspectraofpure

At least it would be of good use of my genz benz shuttle 6.0 as a pre, it sounds really nice :)

If you need anything just shoot it

Awesome stuff dude your band is pretty brutal!! :loco:
It'll either be tuned to C standard or E flat....You cool with that?

cool project, hope it goes well. who knew you could be paid for wanking around the sneap forums.

Haha well, i couldn't expect to get killer musicians for free could i?
Well that said guys it wont be alot of money...i AM a student after all but i WILL plug you as much as humanly posible :heh:

wyllie, do you have a myspace ?

I live in Glasgow, so if you're ever up here - you should give me a shout, beer?

Hey man! Yeah czech it
www.myspace.com/aeonaxe
Thats me :) Heeell yeh man im allways up for a beer!!