found some extra features in logics compressor

beyond dead

heavy metal dad \m/
Sep 26, 2007
peterborough, ontario, canada
So I was automating some added compression on the snare track on a few rim shots, and I noticed that the output distortion could be automated. I have never seen an output distortion control on the plug in itself before.

I decided to see what it did, as I raised the automation value, it went from soft, to medium, to clipping. I noticed at this point , even with the threshold at 0, my snare was nice and fat, loud, well it was clipped haha.

There is also a mix control that is good for parallel compression! It seems these features are only available via automation or by changing the plug ins view to editor from the view menu at the top of the plug in. Im finding these features extremely useful. Automating attack, release and threshold settings has already been very awesome, but finding these little extras has really made my day!

It seems these features are only available via automation or by changing the plug ins view to editor from the view menu at the top of the plug in.

Incorrect,
see the little disclosure triangle at the bottom left of the plugin window? click it and all these extended parameters are available.

compressor_logic.png

Same trick for many other Logic plugins.