Four fold plan to save Maiden's sad career.

John Silver

Jul 21, 2002
Visit site
The crappy new album has made me think of what might need to change for Maiden to be great again. Its not Maiden's least listenable album but it is the most uninspired effort. Except for Journeyman. This is what I think should be done.

1) Kick Bruce and Janick out. Bruce's talents could best be used somewhere else and he can continue with his career. Janick can go back to whichever hellhole he came from. He's not a bad song writer but Maiden seems to be proving the old saying about too many cooks.

2) Bring Paul Di'anno in. He's probably the only member past or present with any of the fire left in him. He can stop Steve from resorting to the neo-prog 90's Maiden wankery and his influence will lead the band to a more harder sound.

3) Fire Kevin Shirley.

4) If possible kick Nicko out and bring Clive Burr in.

John Silver said:
The crappy new album has made me think of what might need to change for Maiden to be great again. Its not Maiden's least listenable album but it is the most uninspired effort. Except for Journeyman. This is what I think should be done.

1) Kick Bruce and Janick out. Bruce's talents could best be used somewhere else and he can continue with his career. Janick can go back to whichever hellhole he came from. He's not a bad song writer but Maiden seems to be proving the old saying about too many cooks. - I somewhat agree with you. I don't think Maiden needs 3 guitars they have been heavier with 2.

2) Bring Paul Di'anno in. He's probably the only member past or present with any of the fire left in him. He can stop Steve from resorting to the neo-prog 90's Maiden wankery and his influence will lead the band to a more harder sound. - Perhaps! But he's a fat fucker that rips off Maiden material for his own gain.

3) Fire Kevin Shirley. And Rod Smallwood.

4) If possible kick Nicko out and bring Clive Burr in. - Oh if that could only been done in the 80's.. NOT POSSIBLE

1. Yeah, fire Bruce. He doesn't have the voice anymore. I feel sorry for hiim, he's one of my old favorites but he can't do this stuff anymore.

2. Get rid of either Adrian or Janick. I think Adrian is a better guitarist for sure (allthough right now it's hard to tell because of the sucky production that makes every guitar tone seem muddy and out of place), but Janick is better songwriter. Some of the stuff he wrote for TXF is very original and inspired. Adrian's songwriting has been bad since the comeback.

3. Hire a goddamn producer and do it the old way. Record every instrument separately. Don't fuck up the sound with compressing.

4. Take a long break. All this endless touring has affected their capability of coming up with new ideas. I think a longer break would do good for Steve. Maybe he has little of that fire still in him.

and yes, fire Rod. He's an asshole and milks the fans. Disgusting prick.

Tangerine Dreamer said:
Adrian's songwriting has been bad since the comeback.

This is true. I guess I was hoping he would get back into shape for this album. He didn't but what looks like everybody's two favourites (Pashendale and Journeyman) were written by him and Harris.

The Real Moonchild said:
Perhaps! But he's a fat fucker that rips off Maiden material for his own gain.

I don't care. People speak of Blaze being a nice guy but how did that help Maiden. He sings great now, better than Bruce. I get goose bumps on nearly every song.

kick out bruce and nico?
thats the best idea ever.
John Silver you are so smart.
no seriously i dont think your a fucking retard at all.
you have the best ideas ever
i mean maiden has only been around for 25 years
they have a lot of growing up to do as a band.
boy oh boy i sure hope they will live up to my expectations on the next album.
john silver, what do you think ? John Silver. John Silver.

And I danced and I pranced and I sang with them. All had death in their eyes
Lifeless figures they were undead all of them. They had ascended from hell

Bruce is still an incredible singer. And he still belongs in Maiden. And why is it that everybody talks so negatively about the chorus of Montseguur, when in No More Lies, the chorus is No More Lies 8 times over and over? Is that more original? Either way, Paschendale and the title track both deserve to be called Maiden classics and DoD is a solid album overall.

Lets see here. You've got an idea to save the career of quite possibly the most stable metal band ever. Alrighty.

And yes, let's boot out Bruce. They were awesome when he was gone. Remember that. BTW, Blaze sucks donkey balls. Always did. There's some decent songs on the Blaze albums that were destroyed by his shit ass voice.

That was really clever.

Btw, to clarify I wasn't reffering to X factor when I said 90's neo prog. That album had its creative moments and is still the best since 7th son. The problem is they've been repeating it on the albums after it.

So I don't like the new album.. this means I am not allowed to talk Maiden and should leave?

Wow dimbulb, that's amazing. How did you escape from your pasture?